Race Car Light Switch Cover
Transform your boring old light switch into a CARS-themed one with this DIY craft project! Super-simple and made from items you likely have around the house, this fun kids’ project will only take you a few minutes, but it will make turning out the lights for bed so much more fun!
YOU WILL NEED:
- Light Switch Cover (rocker switch)
- Paint – black
- Electrical Tape – yellow (or yellow paint)
- Velcro Squares with adhesive back
- Small Toy Car
- Using the sandpaper (fine grit works best), scuff up the surface of the switch plate.
- Paint the cover with the black paint
- With the yellow electrical tape, mark out a road (see photo). Or use yellow paint or paint marker to add your road
- Attach the soft sides of 2 adhesive-backed Velcro squares to the switch’s top and bottom and stick the other halves on a toy car.
ABOUT THE MOVIE
Star racecar Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) and the incomparable tow truck Mater (voice of Larry the Cable Guy) take their friendship to exciting new places in “Cars 2” when they head overseas to compete in the firstever World Grand Prix to determine the world’s fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage. Mater finds himself torn between assisting Lightning McQueen in the high-profile race and towing the line in a top-secret mission orchestrated by master British super spy Finn McMissile (voice of Michael Caine) and the stunning rookie field spy Holley Shiftwell (voice of Emily Mortimer). Mater’s action-packed journey leads him on an explosive chase through the streets of Japan and Europe, trailed by his friends and watched by the whole world. The fast-paced fun includes a colorful new all-car cast, complete with menacing villains and international racing competitors. John Lasseter returns to the driver’s seat to direct this follow-up to his 2006 Golden Globe®-winning “Cars.” “Cars 2” is co-directed by Brad Lewis, producer of the Oscar®-winning film “Ratatouille,” and produced by visual effects industry veteran Denise Ream (associate producer, “Up”; visual effects executive producer, “Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith”). The film hits the track on June 24, 2011, and will be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ and
IMAX® 3D in select theaters.
Reprinted with permission from Disney and Disney Family Fun
- Disney/Pixar Cars 2 Tour and Sweepstakes Information (miscfinds4u.com)
- Red Toolbox Kits: Building Crafts and Relationships for Father’s Day (miscfinds4u.com)
- Cars 2 Soundtrack Available For Pre-order On iTunes & Amazon (pixartimes.com)