This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DailyVegolutions #CollectiveBias
I’m a vegetarian living with a meat-eater and for years that meant making different entrees for every meal. Luckily, my husband finally agreed to try some of my veggie cuisine and now I can make vegetarian meals even he enjoys! That’s because MorningStar Farms® makes some amazing products that give my dishes the same mouthfeel and taste of meat via a plant-based protein substitute that means we’re both happy!
While I love all of MorningStar Farms® products, and I keep many of their options in my freezer at al times. Opting for a MorningStar Farms Meal Starter product makes creating meals both my husband and I will enjoy sinfully simple. In fact, I use the MorningStar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips in any recipe that calls for chicken like chicken pot pies, chicken salad, chicken spaghetti, and more.
What makes these products perfect for quick & easy family meals is that they don’t require lengthy prep – they’re ready to go into any meal you can think up. They cook quickly since they’re made from vegetable protein so they don’t pose the health hazards that undercooked meat can. That means that getting a hearty, tasty, and delicious meal from freezer to table in 20 minutes completely doable!
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to enjoy MorningStar Farms products – they’re fantastic tasting alone or as part of a dish. I promise that if you don’t tell your family that this isn’t “real” chicken, they’ll never notice! This recipe can be made with the Meal Starters® Steak Strips too!
- 2 Tbls vegetable oil
- ½ bag of MorningStar Farms Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips (13.7 oz size)
- Walmart Great Value Vegetable BlendsTM - Hong Kong Blend (Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas, Bean Sprouts, Water Chestnuts, Onions, Mushrooms)
- soy wraps
- 10-12 fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ c stir-fry sauce
- CUCUMBER SALAD
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ carrot, shredded
- 6-8 cherry
Tblspoppy seed dressing
- Add oil to a hot pan on medium-high heat.
- Add half a bag of MorningStar Farms Meal Starters® Chik’n Strips. Brown slightly
- Add the entire bag of Walmart Great Value Vegetable Blends - Hong Kong Blend (Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas, Bean Sprouts, Water Chestnuts, Onions, Mushrooms)
- Add additional oil if necessary and stir until heated through (about 7 minutes)
- Sprinkle with sliced almonds and remove from heat
- Layout the soy wrappers. On one end layout 2-3 spinach leaves and top with Chik'n stirfry and stir-fry sauce; roll up and serve immediately
- CUCUMBER SALAD
- Combine all ingredients and stir to coat. Serve immediately
The entire package of veggies is just 175 calories! But a single serving provides 60% of you Vitamin A requirements and 50% of your Vitamin C without adding any fat or cholesterol! The MorningStar Farms Chick’n Strips add just 150 calories for 12 strips with 4.5 grams of fat and a whopping 23 grams of protein from a vegetable source!
Check out the other Meal Starters® like Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles™ for perfect vegetarian tacos or burritos, Grillers® Crumbles™ in place of ground beef, and Meal Starters® Steak Strips for sandwiches, stroganoff, and more. Get some amazing recipes from other fantastic bloggers who’ve joined in to work towards healthier eating and adding more veggies by visiting the Daily Vegolutions website.