Instant Pot Pressure Cooker – Easy Rustic Chicken Stew Recipe
This hearty chicken stew takes just minutes to prepare and without any fancy ingredients. You probably have everything you need in the pantry. This recipe lends itself well to substitutions so if you don’t have crushed tomatoes, use chopped or something similar. No kidney beans? Try white beans.[amazon_link asins=’B01NBKTPTS,B06Y1MP2PY,B00N310CKG,B01B1VC13K,B075CWJ3T8,B01K7YCPHE,B06Y1MGQXJ,B06Y1KP7YK,B06Y1DGLKG’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’associateslinkbuilderplugin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’d6f6071f-0c8d-11e8-bc81-9fcf90e12038′]
Making this Easy Rustic Chicken Stew with your own homemade chicken stock is easy. Check out our easy Instant Pot Homemade Chicken Broth recipe here. You can make it the same day and use it immediately![amazon_link asins=’1977618774,1981961577,1978479026,1623156122,1976102316,1939754542,1983405213,0399580883,1979930104′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’associateslinkbuilderplugin-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’edcd0b2f-0c8d-11e8-9dab-758797a16f67′]
tblsolive or vegetable oil
- 1 c chopped white onions
- 1 c chopped carrots
- ½ c chopped celery
- 2 Tbls minced garlic
- 1 14.5-oz can
crushedred tomatoes (don't drain)
- 2 c chicken broth (try our homemade chicken broth recipe)
- 1 15-oz can red kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp cayenne (or more if desired)
- 3 medium potatoes, washed and cut to 1" chunks
- salt & pepper
- 6-8 bone-in chicken thighs, remove skin and trim fat
- 1-1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
Tblsfresh parsley, chopped
- Select Saute and allow the pot to get hot.
- Add the oil and allow to heat (but not to smoking)
- aligncenter size-full" title="Instant Pot Pressure Cooker - Easy Rustic Chicken Stew Recipe - chopped veggies" />
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until the onion becomes translucent (about 5 minutes)
- Add the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute
- Add the crushed tomatoes (with juice), chicken broth, kidney beans, oregano, cayenne, and potatoes (see cooking alternatives for the potatoes above). Mix gently.
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs and place them into the liquid.
- aligncenter size-full" title="Instant Pot Pressure Cooker - Easy Rustic Chicken Stew Recipe - ready to cook" />
- Select Soup and set the timer for 10 minutes (if you don't have a soup mode, choose manual, 10 minutes, high pressure)
- Use natural release for 10 minutes and then quick release.
- Remove the thighs and with two forks, shred the meat. Discard the bones and return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Stir in vinegar and parsley.
- This can be refrigerated for up to 5 days and frozen for up to 3 months. Cook from frozen until heated through.