I spend HOURS on hair removal every week. I wish I could say that I’m exaggerating, but sadly, far from it. I’ve always been a prolific hair grower – I lose more hair from my head in a day than a lot of people do in a year (you should see my shower drain – yuck!). And oh the Frodo-style legs? Yea, I sport those every winter because darn it I hate shaving and can’t seem to do it without cutting myself to shreds so if I’m not wearing shorts or a dress, I’m likely well into growing my winter coat (thankfully my husband doesn’t care).
But I admit to feeling pressure from society to get rid of every hair on my body where it grows effortlessly. What’s wrong with us humans anyway? While we’re waxing and shaving, we’re working on growing hair in other places it won’t grow, like eyelashes and eyebrows. It’d be so much easier if long leg hair and short eyelashes were in style!
I’m a waxer because I can have it done once a month and it gives me 5-7 days of a nearly clean shave. But I’ve wanted something more permanent, and I’m thrilled that there’s now a home permanent hair removal system that’s affordable and has been positively reviewed by thousands of women all across the world.
Permanent Hair Removal at Home
Silk’n Flash&Go Original is an inexpensive way to remove hair permanently so you can toss the razors and cancel your waxing appointments. It’s extremely easy to use and safe on most skin, even sensitive skin. It uses a light technology called Home Pulsed Light (HPL) Technology to stop hair growth. I won’t pretend to begin to understand how it works, but I’ve used it and will continue to use it for a few months, and I’m hopeful that it’s going to work.
The Silk’n Flash&Go isn’t meant for everyone. To work, the unit needs to be able to sense the difference between your skin and hair. That means it won’t work for people with dark skin or white, red, or gray hair (there are other restrictions as well – read the warnings before using). Unfortunately, within the last few months, my once dark black hair has turned white. Sadly that means many of the areas I’d like to treat are no longer a possibility. How I regret not permanently removing the hair earlier since now, I’m stuck waxing those areas. Trust me, a white mustache is just as noticeable as a dark one! Don’t make the same mistake I made, purchase and use this early before you hit your 50’s so you can enjoy the results, and you don’t end up in the same predicament as me. I swear it happened overnight!
Silk’n Flash&Go: How Long Does It Take To See Results?
Because of the way hair grows, it’s going to take four or more treatments to see results. At any given time, two-thirds of your hair is in a resting phase. The light can only affect hair that’s actively growing which means each time you use the Silk’n Flash&Go, you’re only treating a third of your hair follicles. Also, while hair may appear to be growing back, it will typically fall out two weeks later, about the time you’re ready to do another treatment. Because you can only use the Silk’n Flash&Go every two weeks during the initial removal phase, that means you’ll need to continue shaving for a few months. To be successful and achieve permanent hair removal, refrain from waxing or plucking the areas you’re treating during that time.
This multiple treatment plan is exactly the same as if you were to pay to have laser hair removal done at a salon, only without the high fees. Plus with home permanent hair removal you determine the energy level of the pulse. Find it too painful? Turn the power level down and treat longer. Want to vary the strength based on the location you’re treating? You can do that too.
Tips for Using the Silk’n Flash&Go
- The laser only works on lighter skin (see the diagram below). Using it on dark skin can cause burns, blisters, skin changes, and more. Never use it after sun exposure which can result in the same results as dark skin. The Silk’n Flash&Go can be used safely anywhere on the body from the cheek down and on both men and women.
- First, shave the area. You need a clean, dry, and freshly shaved area to work with.
- Do the laser test as described in the Silk’n Flash&Go instructions – it’s a process of determining what level to set the laser for your session. A safety feature is built into the laser so that the first pulse after start up is at level one which is 50 pulses. Use the “+” and “-” buttons to adjust the subsequent pulses. For the fastest results, you should use the highest level your skin can tolerate. You shouldn’t experience any burning or pain after – if you do, you’ve set the laser too high. Treat your skin to some soothing lotion to cool it and then use a lower setting for your next session.
- Pull the skin taut helps to help the laser to make contact with the skin correctly. The light won’t fire unless it’s placed properly.
- Press the trigger and you’ll here a few short beeps and see a flash of light. If you’re epileptic that the flash could trigger seizers. Read the safety and warning instructions provided with the Silk’n Flash&Go before beginning your treatment.
- Treat the area every two weeks for three to four sessions. Monthly after that or until the hair stops growing.
Silk’n Flash&Go Classic Maintenance
The only required maintenance is to replace the lamp cartridge after approximately 5000 pulses. That’s generally after six to eight full body treatments, but of course, that depends on the size of the area you’re treating. There’s a warning light on the Silk’n Flash&Go’s panel to let you know when you’re about to reach the limit. Replacements can be purchased from the same location as the laser unit.
My Experience with the Silk’n Flash&Go Classic
I had no trouble using the Silk’n Flash&Go Classic. It was easy to use, felt great in my hand – not too heavy or too light – and was fast. I love that it’s corded as I’m frustrated by products that are cordless – they never seem to be charged when I want to use them, or they don’t last long enough to complete the job.
I’ve only treated my armpits, and I have a few more days before I can do my second treatment. I’ll update with “after” photos in a week or two. I got my last waxing just before Thanksgiving, so I need to wait until the hair grows back before trying to treat my legs, but I will be addressing them as soon as possible. Don’t get me wrong, I love the lady who waxes my legs, but I don’t like her $65 fee plus $10 tip. That’s $75 a month ($900 a year!) I’ll be able to use for something else.
Does the Silk’n Flash&Go Home Laser Hair Removal System Hurt?
That depends on you, the location you’re treating, and the strength of your treatment. Areas around the mouth, the bikini area, etc., are a bit more painful. Like someone rubbing their feet on a carpet and shocking you with their finger. Other areas have very little pain and may just feel slightly warm for a second. I did notice a slight burning smell, but I have an insanely good nose. As you do repeated treatments, the pain will be less because there will be fewer hair follicles left active in the treated area.
Who’s on your holiday gift list that would love this permanent home hair removal system? You? Well yes! Give yourself the gift of easy, safe, and painless hair removal. You deserve it!