This post is brought to you by AT&T; however, all opinions are my own. #ATTSeattle
Did you know that by 2017 more than 30% of the new cars sold in the US will have wireless connectivity? Of those, AT&T expects to connect more than 10 million them. They recently showcased their connected car technology at the Seattle International Auto show where they partnered with Volvo to provide insight into our future driving experience.
These AT&T Connected Car features are available now:
- Remote Control: By adding the AT&T network, remote start cars can be connected from anywhere. That means you no longer have to be within the device’s range, usually a few hundred feet. Now apartment dwellers can enjoy the convenience of auto start. It can also be used in parking lots – imagine being able to start your parked car as you head out of the shopping mall, grocery store, or even the airport, so it’s warmed up (or cooled down) by the time you arrive at it.
- Wifi Hotspot: With AT&T Connect, your car is converted into WiFi mobile hotspot that can support up to eight passenger devices. That means your passengers can use their smartphones, tablets and laptop computers on the road.
- Real-Time Info: Using AT&T’s network, drivers get access to hands-free real-time information. Using Google’s Voice Search, a driver can search for points of interest, get real-time navigation with over the air map updates, and access real-time weather information with up-to-the-minute weather reports and alerts.
- Live Social Networks: Now drivers can stay connected to social media and email hands-free with AT&T’s wireless network. No longer will picking up a phone to read a text be a temptation. Now drivers can listen and respond to texts by voice, so both hands stay on the wheel. They can also keep up with Facebook and Twitter updates as well.
But AT&T is thinking beyond the connected car. They’re looking at connecting the products we’re already using, like wearables. By connecting wearable devices with the connected car and home to automate mundane tasks we’d have more time for the things that are important to us. Imagine being able to arm your home alarm and unlock and start your car at the same time, all simply by walking out your front door. That kind of future is closer than we think.
AT&T at Mobile World Congress 2015 – The Connected Life
AT&T’s look at the future of a connected life.
AT&T is providing connected car technology to leading automakers such as Audi, GM, Volvo, BMW, Subaru, Nissan, Audiovox and more. Find out more about their work at:
AT&T Innovation Online:
- Follow AT&T Innovation & AT&T Innovation Developers on Twitter
- Like AT&T Innovation on Facebook
- Join AT&T Innovation on LinkedIn
- Follow AT&T Innovation Blog
- Visit the AT&T Innovation website
Get More AT&T:
- Like AT&T on Facebook
- Follow AT&T on Twitter
- Visit the AT&T Website
- For AT&T Customer Care issues Tweet Them
- For Business Customer Care issues Tweet AT&T
What do you think about this new technology being added to our daily lives?