Disney’s D23 Expo is going on now and yesterday during the Animation Presentation took place before a sold-out crowd of fanatic Disney lovers. Dressed in costumes and waiting in lines for hours to attend the bi-annual event. The crowd was rewarded for their persistence with a whirlwind of celebrities, directors, and producers sharing surprises about the films they’ve been working on.
The first film to be highlighted was ZOOTOPIA. Directors Byron Howard and Rich Moore and producer Clark Spencer were on hand to share an extended sneak peek into the movie. The plot is centered around a fast-talking fox who’s wrongfully accused of a crime, so he heads out on the lam. He’s chased by the city’s top cop, a rabbit who’s hot on his trail until she too becomes a target, and these natural enemies have to team up to clear their names.
The film stars the voice of Jason Bateman as the fox, Nick Wild and Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time) as Judy Hopps, the self-riotous rabbit.
The team announced they’d just traveled to Barcelona, Spain, to record their newest castmember, Shakira. She’s lent her voice talents to play the part of Gazella, a huge Zootopia pop star.
The film is produced by John Lasseter and Clark Sparer and will debut in theaters March 4, 2016.
Zootopia US Teaser Trailer
Pre-Order Movie Tie-In Books Now – Releasing January 19, 2016
For Toddlers (ages 2-5)
Little Golden Book – Disney Zootopia – Hardcover, ISBN: 978-0-7364-3389-1
For Children – Preschool & Kindergarten (ages 3-7)
- Big Golden Book – Disney Zootopia – Hardcover, ISBN: 978-0-7364-3384-6
- Zootopia: Judy Hopps and the Missing Jumbo-Pop – Hardcover, ISBN: 978-1484721025
- Deluxe Step into Reading #1 – Disney Zootopia – Paperback & Library Binding, ISBN: 978-0736434546
- Deluxe Step into Reading #2 – Disney Zootopia – Paperback & Library Binding, ISBN: 978-0736434560
- Zootopia Pictureback Activity Book – ISBN: 978-0736435314
For Kids Ages 6-9, Grade Level 1-4
- Disney Zootopia Ultimate Sticker Book – ISBN: 978-1465444295
- Disney Chapters Zootopia Digest Book – Paperback, ISBN: 978-0736436106
- Disney Zootopia: The Essential Guide – Hardcover, ISBN: 978-1465444288
- Zootopia Read-Along Storybook & CD – Paperback & CD, ISBN: 978-1484721049
For Tweens (ages 9-12)
- The Official Handbook for Disney Zootopia – Paperback, ISBN: 978-0-7364-3395-2
- Disney Zootopia Junior Novelization – Paperback, ISBN: 978-0-7364-3394-5