This post is sponsored by Everywhere Agency; however, all thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
Our little family is heading into a big milestone in a few weeks — my oldest son is starting kindergarten! It’s hard to believe he’s already five and heading off to elementary school. Granted, he’s doing a half-day program and will be home before lunch every day, but it still feels like a pretty grown-up step for my little guy. 🙂
All summer long we’ve been preparing for school. We’ve read books, discussed how to make new friends, explained the kindergarten routine. I want him to be excited to learn, and to love going to school, the way I did as a child.
Now that he’s mentally ready, it’s time to get physically ready! Every kid needs a couple of new items in the closet to get him or her decked out for that big first day of school. It helps them realize that school is important and fun, plus boosts their confidence going into a potentially intimidating situation. This year, we’re heading the Macy’s for a back to school shopping party!
Macy’s Back to School Shopping Party – August 15th
Macy’s is hosting free Back to School events for the whole family through September. This Saturday, August 15, our local party is being held at the Macy’s Bellevue Store (Bellevue Square Mall near Seattle – driving directions) at 2 pm. I can’t wait to check out the newest fall fashion looks! Plus kids and parents can enjoy crafts, free snacks, and activities, including the following:
- Star Wars and Disney Princess themed coloring books and photo booths
- Decorate your own princess crown activity
- Get your new backpack customized by an onsite guest artist — such a cool way to make sure your kiddo doesn’t get his backpack mixed up at school!
- Food and drink provided by Deep River Snacks, Snack Factory Pretzel Chips, Drazil Tea and Little Me Tea
We love Macy’s clothes because they last — they’ll survive this year’s school activities and can still be around when my younger son heads to kindergarten in a few years. Plus, they’ve got all the characters my son loves, but they’re classy about it. Here are a few of the boys’ items I have my eye on this year:
These Macy’s Back to School Events are happening all over the country and are sure to get your little students excited to head back to school with their cool new clothes and accessories.
- Macy’s Ross Park – Pittsburgh, PA – 8/16, 2 pm Featuring Daniel Skye
- Macy’s Walden Galleria – Buffalo, NY- 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Twelve Oaks – Novi, MI – 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Countryside – Tampa, FL – 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Dulles – Sterling, VA – 8/22, 2pm
- Macy’s Florida Mall – Orlando, FL – 8/23, 2pm Featuring Daniel Skye
- Macy’s Brea – Brea, CA – 8/29, 2pm Featuring Daniel Skye
- Macy’s Fayette – Lexington, KY – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Oakbrook – Oakbrook, IL – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Woodbridge – Woodbridge, NJ – 8/29, 2pm
- Macy’s Parks at Arlington – Arlington, TX – 8/30, 2pm Featuring Daniel Skye
- Macy’s Herald Square – New York City, NY – 9/26, 2pm Featuring Daniel Sky
Don’t miss out on this fun back-to-school family event!