Consideration was provided by ConAgra RO*TEL.
Creating a quick and easy Cinco de Mayo party doesn’t have to be expensive or time intensive. Skip all the Pinterest boards filled with elaborate DIY décor that you don’t have the time or money to create and opt for a relaxed party using the decor you already own and a simple, foolproof recipe your friends and family will love.
First pick your menu. I chose toasted cheese quesadillas dipped in easy-to-make RO*TEL’s Rockin’ Guac and Bud Light Lime-A-Ritas.
Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas: Toasted Cheese Quesadillas with RO*TEL’s Rockin’ Guac
Make extra! These crispy toasted cheese quesadillas reheat beautifully in a toaster oven or oven and you can layer the guacamole in the bottom of the bowl and top with the sour cream to keep it fresh and tasty for a few days. I got the idea to serve the RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies in place of salsa from Anne-Marie from This Mama Cooks who happened to leave a comment on one of my blog posts that RO*TEL is a staple in her kitchen and her go-to for salsa. I could kiss her for the recommendation!! Now I have a flavorful salsa sitting in my cupboard and it’s ready-to-eat anytime I need it. She’s a genius.
- 3 peeled and pitted avocados
- 1 can of zesty RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green
- ½ cup chopped onion
squeezeof fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 24-pack 6-inch soft corn or flour tortillas
- 14 oz Mexican 4-cheese blend shredded cheese
- Fresh or dried parsley or cilantro
- Non-stick spray
- Mash the avocados.
- Add the onion along with the drained tomatoes and green chilies.
onsome lime juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the oven to broil (500 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Layout half of the tortillas on baking sheets. Spray them lightly with the non-stick spray. Flip them over.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of cheese on each
one,spread evenly and level.
- Sprinkle cheese with fresh or dried herbs
- Place second tortillas on top, press down lightly
- Spray the top of all of the complete tortilla stacks
- Broil until the top is browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Flip over and continue to broil until browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into quarters.
Cinco de Mayo Party Ideas: Decor
Next I pulled out every dish, glass, tablecloth, and décor item I could find that was colorful and had a Mexican flair. I’ve been to Mexico twice and I love the colorful pottery. I wanted to recreate some of their vibrancy on our table, so I added yellow and orange Ranunculus flowers from our garden, a green urn-shaped vase, a galvanized lantern with a candle, a bright green tablecloth layered with a lime and blue table runner to give it more color and texture, and the only margarita glasses I had on hand. I’ve since purchased glass versions and I can’t wait to decorate them with chalk pens for my next party.
That’s it! A quick, simple and foolproof Cinco de Mayo party in just minutes! How will you be celebrating on May 5th?
Zest up your fiesta with RO*TEL’s Rockin’ Guac and Bud Light’s Lime-A-Rita.
Bud Light Lime-A-Rita® is a registered trademark of Anheuser-Busch.
ConAgra Foods, Inc. All Rights Reserved.