Need a great school lunch cookie that can take on the rigors of a brown bag and still taste great? Or cookies special enough for a gift, but perfect for a sweet treat with a cup of coffee after a long day? Check out these fudgy white chocolate chip cookies. They’re made from scratch, but they mix up just as fast as any boxed mix at the store. Want to make them even more special? Add nuts to add some protein and healthy fats. I suggest walnuts.
- 1 c butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour (can also use half all-purpose and half wheat)
- ⅔ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir just until combined; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs, and beat on medium until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Remove the electric mixer and with a spatula, fold the dry ingredients and white chocolate chips into the wet, stirring just until combined (do not over-stir or it will make your cookies dry).
- Using a 1" cookie scoop (or drop by rounded Tbl onto cool and dry cookie sheet)
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until the cookie is set. Allow to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet then move to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy within 5 days or freeze cookie dough in balls and bake from frozen (reduce temp to 325 and add 11-13 minutes).
Fudgy White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Use Fresh Ingredients
Always use fresh ingredients, especially for leavening (baking soda and salt) for the best tasting cookies. And PLEASE, don’t use margarine or any other butter-like product. Real ingredients make the time you spend in the kitchen worth it!
Fudgy White Chocolate Chip Cookies: Use Real Chips
I recommend SunSpire White Chocolate Chips. They’re different from the supermarket varieties in that they are REAL white chocolate chips, not vanilla-flavored waxy chip-shaped candy. They’re made with whole milk powder, cocoa butter, nonfat dry milk, cane juice, and more, but they don’t contain trans fats. Plus they’re a naturally and socially responsible choice. They replace the white chocolate bark in candy coatings for fruit, baked goods, and more. You’ll notice the difference in the creamy texture and tastes.
The Sunspire line was created by Janet Jennings, a 4th-generation chocolatier. She created her own line of all-natural chocolate products that was free of artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and additives when she couldn’t find any on the market to make her chocolate creations.
Want more cookie and dessert recipes? Check out our Dessert Recipes – everything from cookies, cupcakes, cakes, crumbles, cobblers, pies, ice cream, donuts, and more. We love our sweets!
Will you be trying these Fudgy White Chocolate Chip Cookies soon? I’ll admit, I generally eat so many right out of the bag I have to buy more to make cookies every time :).
What’s your favorite white chocolate chip cookie recipe?