Summer is coming, I can smell it in the air. Or it’s the paint we’ve been using to spruce up the deck to get it ready for BBQ season. I’ve been trying to come up with a recipe to serve at our BBQ in a few weeks and the burgers on the list of 25 burger recipes are sure in the running.
Grilling burgers for a crowd is fast and easy and making them special just takes a few extra minutes of preparation. But to avoid making your guests ill, every host’s nightmare, make sure you follow these safe grilling tips.
Safe Grilling Tips
- Only grill outdoors and away from structures and overhangs. You’d be surprised at the number of fires my husband goes to every year caused by Barbecues heating up decks, siding, branches, and more to the point of ignition. Check the area around the grill often during the cooking process to make sure the heat is not transferring.
- NEVER dispose of burned charcoal in anything flammable. Douse them with water and put coals in an airtight metal container (we recommend the Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Galvanized Charcoal and Ash Can with Lid. Every summer firefighters respond to fires in garbage bags on the deck or in garbage cans days after the owner’s last grill session.
- Keep the grill clean and free from build-up that can flare up and start a larger fire.
- Keep kids and pets away from grills.
- Check for gas leaks before using your propane tank. A simple soap test will let you know if it’s leaking. Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose and look for bubbles. If you see them, replace the hose and/or tank.
- Use a meat thermometer – hamburgers should be cooked to a MINIMUM of 160 degrees which is rare. Keep meat well chilled until cooking time then serve and eat within 30 minutes. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
This is a great list of some of the best burger recipes around, so get grilling!
- Grilled Spicy Turkey Burger
- Copycat In-N-Out Burger (with Special Sauce!)
- Easy Taco Burgers
- Buffalo Chicken Burgers
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Burgers
- Veggie Lentil Burgers
- Burgers with Feta and Spinach
- Pizza Burgers
- Swiss Turkey Burger
- Worcestershire Burgers
- Jalapeño Popper Bacon Cheeseburger
- Sauteed Mushroom and Swiss Burger
- Shrimp Burgers
- Cuban Black Bean Rice Burger
- Turkey Zucchini Burgers
- Southwestern Bean Burger
- Tasty Reuben Burger
- Salmon Burgers
- Buffalo Blue Cheese Quinoa Burgers
- Chicken Avocado Burgers
- Aloha Hawaiian Style Burgers
- Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers
- Kentucky Hot Brown Burgers
- Chicken Fajita Cheeseburger
- Poutine Burger