Dark or Milk? In our house it’s both. But no matter what kind of chocolate we enjoy, we have one rule. It has to be good chocolate. Especially when it comes to baking. Why put real butter, sugar, and flour into your holiday recipe and then use cheap chocolate? That just doesn’t make sense to me.
That’s why when I bake I use good quality chocolate and recently I got the chance to make some holiday cookies with DOVE chocolate. Yes, DOVE®. The makers of the creamy, silky little individually wrapped chocolates and bars that are loved by millions.
- 1 bag DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 6 once glass
- 2 non-stick cookie sheets
- Place 12 DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Gradually add flour and then stir in melted
- chocolate until thoroughly blended.
- Roll 24 walnut-size nuggets of dough into balls. Arrange balls 2-1/2 inches apart on a
- cookie sheet. Slightly flatten dough with the bottom of a lightly floured glass. Press a
- DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until set, about 10 minutes. Cool before serving.
I couldn’t decide while standing in the store aisle whether to make the recipe with milk or dark so I got both and mixed them together! DOVE’s Dark chocolate is sweet and deliciously rich. The company says that they use cocoa beans they select especially for their flavor and they process them to produce their signature taste.
About DOVE Chocolate
DOVE® is helping to protect the environment by sourcing 100% of their cocoa for their Dark Chocolate products from farms which are Rainforest Alliance Certified. These are farms that adhere to strict labor and environmental standards. They’ve also just released a new flavor that I’ll be keeping my eye out for – DOVE® Silky Smooth Mint & Dark Chocolate Swirl.
Want more recipes and chocolate ideas? Visit BrightIdeas.com or DOVE’s Facebook page. You can also learn more at www.dovechocolate.com and www.mars.com.
Share the Joy with Dove®. Go to BrightIdeas.com for recipes using DOVE® PROMISES® Dark Chocolate and DOVE® Silky Smooth Dark Chocolate Bar. Click. Create. Celebrate.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mars®. The opinions and text are all mine.