Baked doughnuts (or is it do-nuts or donuts?) are deliciously light and grease-free. I’m a huge fan of these baked goodies and these are made even more delicious by the lemon glaze. You will need a doughnut pan, easily purchased online (see links below) or at your favorite kitchen store.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- seeds from half of a vanilla bean
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice, fresh
- Pink food coloring and sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a mini doughnut pan with plain non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- To the mix add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, vanilla seeds, and melted butter.
- Mix until just to combined (overmixing could result in a denser texture than desired)
- Fill the doughnut trays half way full (the batter will rise - don't overfill or your doughnuts will lose their shape.)
- Bake 4-6 minutes or just until top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Cool completely before glazing.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, milk and lemon juice. Add additional powdered sugar if you'd like a thicker glaze).
- Add food coloring and mix until color is uniform; glaze immediately by dipping the tops of doughnuts into the glaze to coat and then decorate with sprinkles if desired.
Doughnuts Recipe provided by Bella Baker
This recipe was created and provided by Lauryn Cohen, the queen of sweet and founder of Bella Baker. Bella Baker is a customized, made-to-order dessert company that offers everything from cake pops to complete and highly stylized dessert tables.
Cohen is known for her uniquely creative treats and she’s considered an authority on all things baking and designs inventive desserts for every occasion. She’s been featured on programs such as New York Live, The Better Show, and Good Day Chicago.
[amazon_carousel widget_type=”SearchAndAdd” width=”600″ height=”200″ title=”Purchase a Doughnut Pan Online” market_place=”US” shuffle_products=”False” show_border=”False” keywords=”Doughnut Pan” browse_node=”” search_index=”Kitchen” /]
Baked doughnuts recipe and photo reprinted with permission