Who doesn’t love semi-home recipes? They’re fast and easy recipes I use them on nights when I don’t have time to cook from scratch. I have a few I use just for such dinner emergencies and I try to keep my pantry stocked with the basics so I can pull one together on a moments notice.
The secret to this recipe is one of the new Campbell’s® Skillet Sauces. Pick your protein and/or vegetable and within 15 minutes you have dinner for 2-4. Since I’m a vegetarian, I made 3/4 of the sauce with chicken and I set aside the rest for my own meatless version.
With Campbell’s® Skillet Sauces, it’s easy to make dinner for two in just 3 steps or add additional ingredients to stretch your meal for four. My total cost for dinner for 2, plus leftovers for lunch tomorrow (ie. four servings): Campbell’s Sauce $2.49, Fortune Cookies $2.69, Soba Noodles 2.99, chicken $3.19, veggies $1.99 = $13.35 or $3.34 a serving! The noodles and veggies really stretch the meal. Adding the Asian Slaw salad would add about $2.99 more for four servings so you’re still under $5 a person!
Check out the in-store coupons on the store shelf as well as on Facebook during the month of January. You’ll find the Campbell’s Skillet Sauces on the same aisle as the Campbell soups. In my Albertson’s store they were located within a few feet and the shelf was well marked.
There are six Campbell’s Skillet Sauces available so if Asian isn’t your thing, check out one of the others. For those of you who like it spicy, they’ve made a Creamy Chipotle, and Fire Roasted Tomato version. There’s also a Thai Green Curry in addition to the Toasted Sesame I purchased as well as a Marsala and Scampi.
Check out my shopping trip and find out more about how I used the Campbell’s® Skillet pouches to make a quick and tasty meal for 2.
- 1 tbl vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken - cut into strips (or use steak, shrimp, or other protein of your choice)
- 6 oz Chow Mein Stir-Fry Noodles (Chuka Sorba)
- Ready-to-Eat Stir Fry Vegetables
- 1 packet Campbell's Skillet Sauces - Toasted Sesame
- Scallions - garnish if desired
- Heat oil in large skillet
- Add chicken strips, cook until browned on all sides
- In a medium pot, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Steam vegetables according to package directions; set aside
- Deglaze the pan with ½ cup water
- Add Campbell's Skillet Sauces - Toasted Sesame with garlic and ginger
- Heat about 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce is hot.
- Run hot water through the noodles to reheat. Place on the bottom of your serving platter.
- Top with steamed vegetables.
- Place chicken and then pour sauce over the top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped scallions and serve with Fortune Cookies.
Connect with Campbell’s Online
- Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/CampbellSauces/app_538229102857228
- Site- http://origin.www.campbellskitchen.com/campbellsauces/
- Twitter- https://twitter.com/CampbellKitchen
“I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Campbell’s #cbias #SocialFabric – All opinions are my own.