Recipe: Christmas Candy Cane Cocktails
Summary: A refreshing holiday cocktail made from fresh fruit, juice, an peppermint liqueur. To make the watermelon puree, remove seeds from fresh watermelon the cut it into 1-2″ chunks. Place the watermelon chunks into a blender or food process and process until smooth.
To make these vegetarian, skip the gelatin and add sugar in its place.
As with all holiday cocktail recipes we post, this one is intended to be enjoyed by those of legal drinking age and please, never drive drunk. Buzzed drinking is drunk driving.
- 4 cups watermelon puree
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 large box cherry flavored gelatin
- 8 shots peppermint liqueur
- In a large pitcher, stir together the watermelon puree, pomegranate juice, plus one heaping tablespoon of the cherry gelatin. Chill for one hour.
- To serve, rim the martini glass with the dry cherry gelatin. In a shallow saucer, put a few tablespoons of water. Dip the rim of the glass in the water and then in the gelatin. Repeat for all 8 glasses.
- Carefully pour a shot of peppermint liqueur into each glass.
- Top off the glasses with the watermelon juice mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 8 candy canes cocktails
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Microformatting by hRecipe.
Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board and reprinted with permission
- Recipes: Homemade Holiday Candy Cane Recipe – 6 To Try This Christmas (miscfinds4u.com)
- Recipes: Easy Candy Cane Biscotti Cookie Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Homemade Gifts | White Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn (aboutamom.com)
- Homemade Peppermint Marshmallows Recipe (aboutamom.com)
- Gift Suggestions: Cookbooks for the Foodie on your Christmas List (miscfinds4u.com)
- 15 Best White Chocolate and Peppermint Recipes: Cookies, Cake, Fudge (miscfinds4u.com)