Recipes: Easy Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe with Streusel Topping
Use fresh or frozen (don’t thaw before using); whichever you have on hand. Some call this coffee cake because it’s great with coffee. I like it for breakfast. It’s a thick, heavy buttery cake that’s perfect summer, winter, fall…well, you get it. It’d be perfect for a weekend or holiday. This cake freezes really well when wrapped in airtight wrap. Use within 2 months.
- 1⁄3 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbls butter, softened
- 1-2⁄3 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbls butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Make the topping: In a small bowl, stir oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add butter and blend until crumbly; set aside.
- Make the cake batter: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar; beat until fluffy (about 1 minute).
- Add eggs, sour cream, half-and-half and vanilla; beat until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the flour mixture; beat on low speed just until combined, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula, about 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and mix just until well blended, about 30 seconds.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in the blueberries.
- Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly on top; press lightly.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 30 minutes before serving.
Looks yummmmyyy!!! I wanna know what is the half and half???
Half and half is sold where milk is – it has less fat than cream but more than whole milk.
Definitely going to be trying this. Delish!
i would love to have some of this right now 🙂
not sure about the oats, but otherwise, YUMMY!
Looks delicious! Will have to make it!