I love when companies partner with community organizations to spread the benefits they’ve received with others. Amwy is one such company. They’ve partnered with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America to provide community gardens in 4 states – 5 gardens in total – in 2012. The gardens are themed – a pizza garden, salsa, butterfly garden, etc. Check out the video below to see a group of kids, their mentors, and their community plant and enjoy their new garden.
The purpose is to educate kids and the families on the benefits of growing your own food and the nutritional value of fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition to planting the gardens, kids were able to take part in fun arts and crafts and cooking projects. The result? Kids were trying foods they’d never tried before because they worked to plan them.
Amway Positive Sprouts Program (Video)
Amway POSITIVE SPROUTS® Program
- Sustainability Grants – Amway is offering $30,000 in Sustainability Grants to 10 Boys & Girls Clubs who’ve previously received Amway community gardens from. These funds are meant to assist with the maintenance of their Amway garden as well as improve nutrition for Club members.
- Garden In A Box Kits – Amway will donate 150 Garden In A Box kits to Boys & Girls Clubs. The kit includes fruit and vegetable seeds as well as other supplies the Clubs need to get started.
- Curriculum – Amway is making healthy food curriculum available to 4,000 Boys & Girls Clubs nationwide. This ensures that all Clubs have access to these healthy eathing habits educational materials.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of America is an organization that I personally experiences in the 70’s. It was a safe and fun place to participate in games, learning experiences and craft activities and I have very fond memories of my afternoons spent there. It’s wonderful that this organization is still thriving all these years later.
It’s my pleasure to share this event as my way of saying thanks.
Find out more about the Boys & Girls Club of America
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Boys and Girls Clubs of America and Amway. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating. All opinions are my own.
- Nick Foley: My Year as National Youth of the Year (bgca.typepad.com)
- 50 Cent Gives Surprise Concert at Boys & Girls Club in Brooklyn (VIDEO) (gossipcop.com)