Recipe: Easy Berry Crumble Dessert
Summary: Crisp, cool nights are upon us. It’s time to showcase some of fall’s best desserts. This super-easy crumble (some might call a berry crisp) takes just minutes to assemble and is perfect for cooking with kids. Instead of the traditional oatmeal, this one uses granola. Choose one with nuts for a fabulous topping! I reduce the brown sugar to 1/8th cup – it’s still plenty sweet.
For more recipes using delicious Comstock® or Wilderness® Pie Fillings, visit www.piefilling.com
- 21-oz can Duncan Hines® Comstock® or Wilderness® Cherry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Strawberry or Peach Fruit Pie Filling
- 1⁄2 cup granola cereal (plain – no raisins, nuts ok)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly butter (4) 6-ounce ramekins.
- Divide the pie filling evenly among ramekins, set aside.
- In medium bowl, with a fork combine the remaining ingredients until it forms a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly among 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet to prevent spillover in oven.
- Bake 30 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Reprinted with permission
- 12 Apple Dessert Recipes for Fall – Cheesecake, Tart, Muffins, Crumble (miscfinds4u.com)
- Recipe: End of Summer Florida Citrus Meringue Pie (miscfinds4u.com)
- Cookbook Reviews: MyRecipe America’s Favorite Food – Great Gift! (miscfinds4u.com)
- 8 Tasty and Unique S’more Recipes – Donuts, Cookies, and Bars (miscfinds4u.com)
- Weekly Pinterest Challenge: Pumpkin Poppers (cleverhousewife.com)
- Peach Berry Cobbler (cleverhousewife.com)