Thanks for all of the fabulous books!! The kids were beside themselves when they saw the stack piled high on the table this morning! After getting my name in them, over 2/3 of them were taken and being read within minutes. They were so happy… Thank you!
– Katie & the kids
Picking the books to donate was easy. I checked out my niece’s school’s website and found the Battle of the Books booklist and I purchased every title on the list plus two sequels. Battle of the Books gives kids a chance to read 11-13 books and then compete against each other for prizes. It’s a great way to get kids interested in reading and gives them a shared experience that can lead to a lifetime of learning.
So what can $200 buy in books? 13 Hardcover books, 1 paperback, and 8 Easy-to-Read books including a few Nickelodeon books featuring Sponge Bob Square Pants and Dora the Explorer I purchased at Walmart.
These are the chapter books from the Battle of the Books list:
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
- The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book I: The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood
- The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book II: The Hidden Gallery by Maryrose Wood
- The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: Book III: The Unseen Guest by Maryrose Wood
- The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable by Dan Gutman
- The Friendship Doll by Kirby Larson
- We the Children (Benjamin Pratt and the Keepers of the School) by Andrew Clements
- Hound Dog True by Linda Urban
- Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu
- The Cheshire Cheese Cat: A Dickens of a Tale by Carmen Agra Deedy
- Icefall by Matthew J. Kirby
- Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai
- Wonder by R. J. Palacio
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
Book Total: $153 Tax $14.55 Total: $167.09 plus previous book purchase $40 = $207.90
Participating in the Champions for Kids Nickelodeon Big Help Book Drive SIMPLE Service Project allowed me to help out my niece Katie and her classroom of 50 students. Those kids and their experience with these books can impact a far larger community and with literacy being a true passion, it feels really great to have been a part of this Simple Service Project. Katie was beyond thrilled at the donation and so excited to share the books with the kids!
Connect with Champions for Kids
Connect with Nickelodeon
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop was partially compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Champions for Kids. #NickCFK #CBias. All opinions and additional monies are my own.