Recipe: Banana Colada Ice Cream Sundaes
Summary: Excerpted from Taste of Home: Best Loved Recipes: 1485 Favorites from the World’s #1 Food & Entertaining Magazine By Taste of Home – reprinted with permission. We love this ice cream sundaes recipe! So unique and different with tropical flavors!
Read our review: Cookbook Reviews: Taste of Home’s Best Loved Recipes
- 6 TBL butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas, sliced
- ½ tsp rum extract
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until sauce is smooth. Stir in bananas; heat through. Remove from the heat; stir in extract.
- Serve warm over ice cream. Sprinkle with coconut.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup ice cream with 1/4 cup banana mixture and 1 tablespoon coconut equals 398 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
About Taste of Home
Taste of Home is America’s connection to the personal recipes of people who cook at home as a way to bring family and friends together, particularly at the holidays. Each year, thousands of people from across the United States and Canada submit more than 40,000 recipes, of which 3,000 are published. Every recipe that is published is carefully evaluated and selected by the Taste of Home Test Kitchen, which ensures that it can be prepared with affordable, everyday ingredients. Taste of Home content is available in print; online at Tasteofhome.com; in books; via digital download on iPad, mobile apps and Kindle; and Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Obtain a subscriptionwww.TasteofHome.com or on your favorite digital download device.