Cookbook Reviews: Taste of Home’s Best Loved Recipes
The Taste of Home’s Best Loved Recipes is one HUGE cookbook! This weighty tome is filled with 1400+ recipes that are treasured family recipes as well as new and unique trendy fare. It’s packed full of everything you need to cook a weeknight quick meal to an extravagant holiday feast.
This new cookbook has cook-off winning recipes, pot-luck worthy dishes, and recipes you’ll be proud to donate to your local bake sale. Plus the book covers easy how-to’s and instructions for the new cook, as well as substitutions and recommendations for the seasoned chef. All of the recipes were submitted by Taste of Home readers and they’re the most requested recipes in the Taste of Home treasury.
The book covers appetizers to desserts with main dishes, side dishes, regional favorites, and more. The book is well designed, easy to use, and full of so many great recipes I can’t wait to try. My only complaint is the lack of photos, but in a book that already weighs over 4 pounds and is over 4” thick, I guess that’s to be expected. There are 400 full-color photos included and they’re spectacular and represent the recipes well.
This would be my go-to book for a wedding shower gift – it’s a hardback, it’s substantial and the color photos that are included are fabulous. But this one is staying with me – I can’t wait to take it for a spin in my kitchen.
Taste of Home’s Best Loved Recipes Cookbook Details
1485 Favorites from the World’s #1 Food & Entertaining Magazine
- 250+ main dish recipes / 150+ easy soups, salads, and side dishes / 100+ appetizers, sandwiches, and pizzas / 81 “Mom Made it Best” heirloom recipes / 250+ desserts, candies, cookies ,pies, tarts, and cakes / Plus 100s more recipes for every occasion
- Published by Reader’s Digest
- Hardcover: 928 pages / 26 chapters / 20 photo sections with 400 full-color photos
- ISBN-10: 0898219914 / ISBN-13: 978-0898219913
- Available in hardcover and Kindle Edition
- Release date: September 13, 2012 (pre-order now)
- Taste of Home Cooking School Cookbook Review (miscfinds4u.com)
- Cookbook Review – Sunday Brunch: Simple, Delicious Recipes for Leisurely Mornings (miscfinds4u.com)
- 8 Tasty and Unique S’more Recipes – Donuts, Cookies, and Bars (miscfinds4u.com)