I’ve been through a lot of printers over the years. From my first dot matrix printer which cost several hundred dollars to all-in-one printers under $100. I currently have a laser printer for my black and white printing but I’ve been at a loss for a color printer since my last one had a feeder breakage.
I recently received an Epson Artisan 1430 wide-format printer and assumed that I would rarely need its large paper capacity. I was wrong. Now that I’m able to print on paper up to 13” x 19” I love to print new artwork for the walls and recently purchased three frames for our master bedroom makeover that I can use to display the prints.
The Epson Artisan 1430 also bundles with Adobe® Photoshop® Elements (a $79 value) so I can make edits to the photos or add special features. For example, I can change the colored photo to black and white and then tint it.
I haven’t decided on a final look for the bedroom but while I work on it we printed a few prints for my son’s room and they turned out phenomenal. One is a very intricate retro Disney print he found online and we printed it on matt paper and then framed it – it looks fabulous! He also printed several photos of his girlfriend and himself from vacations and framed them. Now he has inexpensive art in his room that can be changed out in minutes.
What I love about the printer is that the color cartridges are individual so you only change the empty one – this saves money. The ink is archival and is said to last up to 4 times longer than prints from a photo lab. It’s also wireless and so easy to set up. It prints so many sizes and even right on DVDs and CDs – perfect if you’re sharing video or photo CDs. It’s a fabulous printer for digital scrappers and for printing party invitations, decoration, personalized gifts, and more.
We did have a problem shortly after we started using the printer with white lines through the photos. I went online to the Epson support website and followed the directions to clear them. It took just a few minutes and the prints are back to being brilliant!
- Model: C11CB53201
Ink: 6-color Claria® Hi-Definition dye ink which are replaced individually
- Epson® Connect — print and share from your smartphone, iPhone, tablet and other mobile devices.
- Borderless photos in popular sizes — from 4″ x 6″ to 13″ x 19″; 12″ x 12″ is also available, for scrapbooking projects – supports over 60 media types and sizes
- Resolution: 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- Image quality — DX5™ MicroPiezo® print head technology, up to 5760 x 1440 dpi resolution and ink droplets as small as 1.5 picoliters provide the finest in color and detail
- Retail Price: $299
Replacement Epson Artisan 1430 Ink Cartridges
Requires 79 Claria Hi-Definition ink cartridges, high-capacity
- Black ink cartridge – T079120
- Cyan ink cartridge – T079220
- Magenta ink cartridge – T079320
- Yellow ink cartridge – T079420
- Light Cyan ink cartridge – T079520
- Light Magenta ink cartridge – T079620
- FREE outmywindow Photo Sharing, Storage and Camera App by Warner Bros (miscfinds4u.com)