Light and fresh and it’s not so hot you burn your taste buds off! The key is to seed the tomatoes and then chop everything very small. Use the freshest ingredients you can get and eat within one day of making.
Grow a garden full of these ingredients for fresh salsa and Pico de Gallo all summer!
Recipe: Fresh Pico de Gallo
Summary: Serve with chips or on our Quick and Easy Mild Pork Carnitas Tacos
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 large roma tomatoes, washed, seeded and finely chopped
- ½ small white onion, finely chopped
- ½ small bunch cilantro, washed and chopped (about ¼ cup loosely packed or to taste)
- Kosher or sea salt, coarsely ground to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Put the lime juice, vinegar, and garlic in a medium size non-metallic bowl. Mix.
- Add all other ingredient and toss to combine completely.
- Refrigerate at least an hour to let the flavors develop and overnight for even more deliciousness!