I am a vegetarian so I might not seem like the perfect person to co-host a Pulled Pork Twitter Party, but I live in a house full of meat lovers and pulled pork is one of my go-to recipes. I first posted my own slow cooker pulled pork recipe in July 2010 and since then I’ve learned about high fructose corn syrup so I no longer use the brand of BBQ sauce shown in my photos. In fact, my goal is to start making my own sauce and maybe I’ll get a chance to do that before the party so I can share it with you!
Why pulled pork? It’s so easy! Take an inexpensive piece of pork (I generally use pork shoulder), season it, add some simple ingredients (I use root beer soda pop) and then leave it in the crockpot for a few hours (or overnight) and you’re rewarded with some fabulously moist, tender, and juicy meat that you can shred and use in sandwiches, tacos, burritos, and more. It’s perfect for summer outing, picnics, and potlucks!
We’ll be celebrating pork and its versatility on Twitter with a great party and you’re invited!
PLATES OF PORK TWITTER PARTY
- What: I am co-hosting a Twitter party with the National Pork Board and The Motherhood! We’ll be sharing recipe ideas for pulled pork and giving away great prizes!
- When: Thursday, July 19, 7-8 p.m. ET
- Where: The party will take place on Twitter, using the #PlatesofPork hashtag.
- Who: The National Pork Board (@AllAboutPork) and The Motherhood (@theMotherhood) will be hosting. You must follow both Twitter handles to be eligible to win prizes.
- Prizes: You’ll have a chance to win one of five prize packs in a fun trivia game. The prize packs include: $20 Walmart gift card, slow cooker, cutting board, 3-piece BBQ tool set, and sauce bucket/brush! Check out the prizes and see the official rules at http://bit.ly/MnjOWv.
- RSVP: Want to win the prizes? You’ll need to let us know if you’ll be there! Click this link and press the orange “count me in” button on the right-hand side.
Join me and my fellow co-hosts at the Pulled Pork #PlatesofPork Twitter Party:[raw]
- Breaded Pork Cutlets and Gravy (cleverhousewife.com)
- Vegetarian Grilling: Barbecued Portobello “Cheeseburgers” Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Crock-Pot Cheesecake (cleverhousewife.com)