I’ve used rice wine vinegar many times in recipes but I recently got the chance to try something new. Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar comes in several different flavors with herbs already infused within them and ready to use in your favorite recipe.
I took a look their recipe book, as well as the recipes on their webpage, and was amazed and the wide variety of foods that could be made with the Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar. Not just the obvious Asian dishes, but others including American and Mexican. In fact, you can use it to flavor just about any protein or vegetable; from steak and tofu, to peas and potatoes.
My husband loved the recipe we tried and I loved how fast and easy it was. By giving the chicken a good browning and then scraping the pan, the cream sauce got a rich and meaty flavor.
The current flavors available are: Balsamic Blend, Roasted Garlic, Red Pepper, Basil & Oregano, and Original Seasoned Rice Vinegar
Visit the Nakano Facebook page and check out the Nakano 60-Day Splash it on, Step it up Challenge plus play Splash for Cash. Nakano wants to challenge you to enjoy a more active lifestyle by walking more and choosing healthier meals including swapping out some of your fat-based sauces with their lighter seasoned rice vinegar.
Prizes for the Nakano 60-Day Splash it on, Step it up Challenge include a one-year gym membership, personal training sessions, or a Nakano workout bag. Splash for Cash provides recipes and blog features plus a chance to win $150.
Learn more about Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Nakano Products and Flavors
- Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar Recipes
- Nakano Facebook Page
- Official Nakano Twitter Page
Summary: Based on the recipe from Nakano – minor changes to taste – reprinted with permission.
- 12 oz bow-tie pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breast)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup NAKANO Seasoned Rice Vinegar Roasted Garlic (can substitute Original or Basil and Oregano)
- 8 oz heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, undercooking by 1 minute; drain.
- Return pasta to pot; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size pieces; season with 1/2-teaspoon salt and 1/4 pepper.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add chicken.
- Brown chicken well on all sides, adding onion when chicken begins to brown; stir frequently.
- Add rice vinegar; cook until liquid is almost gone.
- Turn down heat to low; add cream and scrape up the bits of browned chicken from the pan. Do not allow sauce to come to a boil.
- Add peas; heat through.
- Pour sauce over pasta; cook and gently stir until hot, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation time: 12 minute(s)
Cooking time: 12 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Nakano and received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating. All opinions are my own.