- 3 – 6 oz cups Green Valley Organics Peach Yogurts
- ⅔ cup Green Valley Organics Plain Kefir
- 3 Tbs agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp almond or vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen peaches, chopped
- In a blender, add yogurt, kefir, sweetener, and extract; pulse until smooth.
- Fill your freezer pop molds with about 2″ of the yogurt mixture.
- Place the chopped peaches on top of the yogurt layer.
- Top off the molds with the rest of the yogurt mixture.
- Use a skewer or chopstick to swirl the mixture making sure the peaches are distributed throughout the yogurt.
- Tap the mold gently to release any air bubbles.
- Freeze per your pop maker’s instruction or if you’re using a conventional mold, place the top on the pops and insert sticks. Freeze until solid (3 to 4 hours). No ice pop mold? You can use cups, glasses or other unconventional molds but freeze the pops until they begin to set and then insert the sticks and return them to the freezer until they’re solid.
- Quick notes
- PER SERVING: 84 CAL; 4G PROT; 1G TOTAL FAT (1G SAT. FAT); 15G CARB; 2MG CHOL; 47MG SOD; 1G FIBER; 12G SUGARS
Tips for the Perfect Frozen Pop
- There are so many molds available. Everything from traditional Popsicle molds, quick freeze Popsicle maker machines, or get creative and find some unique options in your kitchen. Try a shot or juice glass. Or try the 70’s choice, Dixie Cups as a mold (any paper cup will do).
- Pick up Popsicle sticks online or at your local craft store or specialty stores online.
- Dealing with bent pop sticks? Soak the sticks in water prior to inserting them into your frozen pop or straighten then while they’re freezing.
Storing pops in the mold is best, but if you need the mold pull the pop and store it in an unbleached natural wax paper bag.
Pops should be enjoyed within a week for the best taste.
Recipe and photo reprinted with permission from Green Valley Organics