Recipe: Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
Summary: Using frozen strawberries makes for a delicious and more nutritious drink!
I don’t own a blender. I wish I did because I’d make more smoothies and blended drinks like strawberry margaritas. Since I don’t, I have to pull out the food processor whenever I want to mix up something cold and frosty. I’ve broken a few food processors as well as blenders over the years trying to crush ice so to avoid the disappointment and expense of breaking yet another kitchen appliance; I’ve had to come up with an alternative way to make drinks that traditionally would be blended with ice.
Here’s my version of a strawberry margarita. I don’t use a recipe, I just keep adding things until it tastes right for me, but if you follow my recipe and then fuss with it you’ll likely love it as much as I do.
You may notice I don’t use prepared mixes that are full of artificial colors and flavors and I use orange juice instead of triple sec. I also use organic strawberries, limes, and for a sparkle and to add a bit of tartness, a splash of organic sparkling lemonade. I think you’ll notice the difference right away – this strawberry margaritas is fresh, tart, lightly sweet, and so delicious!
- 2-1/2 cups frozen strawberries (preferably organic)
- 2 limes, juice 1-1/2 of them (approximately 2-1/2 ounces) and use remainder for garnish
- ½ cup organic orange juice or Organic Sparkling Lemonade
- 4-6 ounces Partida Blanco Tequila
- Place strawberries, lime juice, your choice of orange juice or sparkling lemonade, and tequila.
- If desired, add a few ice cubes for a more traditional texture.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a wedge of lime. Rim glass with salt if desired.
- For a virgin margarita, increase the orange juice or sparkling lemonade by 4-6 ounces.
- Not sweet enough? Add 1-2 tsps. agave nectar or sugar and sweeten to your taste.
We suggest you use quality ingredients in your margarita cocktail recipes for the best taste – we use organic fruits and we recommend Partida Blanco Tequilla. It’s made in the heart of Tequila Valley in Mexico and made with 100% blue agave which gives it a really unique taste. The bottle retails for $50 and makes a great gift for someone who appreciates quality. This margarita cocktail is an easy recipe that would be a great addition to your Mother’s Day brunch or a hot afternoon or evening.
We recommend: Organic Sparkling Lemonade
Find more cocktail recipes that highlight the taste of Partida at their website: recipes – video recipes
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY AND REMEMBER BUZZED DRIVING IS DRUNK DRIVING.