I have lost and gained so many pounds in the last 30 years and one thing every loss has in common is a food journal. I’ve done printable food journals, downloaded free food journals, used online food journals, and even posted my Weight Watchers food journals here on my blog. I’ve had success with every type of journal; but my failure comes when I stop writing down ever thing I eat. I’m always thinking about food quality and portion sizes, but actually writing it down helps me stay on track.
One of my biggest health challenges is diet soda. It’s a habit I’ve had since the early 1970’s and it’s my dirty little nutritional secret. Going vegetarian and organic was easy. Heck, even quitting smoking was easy in comparison to getting off the artificial sugar. Soda is the only “food” I ingest with the nasty stuff in it. I know there are many serious health issues associated with artificial sweeteners and they’ve been found to contribute to obesity, so my goal is to journal just how many diet sodas I’m drinking a day. Armed with that info, I want to redirect the money I’m wasting on these non-nutritional drinks into something else. I shudder to think of the huge amount of my food budget that goes for drinks; especially when water is practically free.
So that’s my nutritional challenge – do you have one? Are you looking to add more fruits and vegetables? Perhaps journaling can help you break a bad habit or create a healthy one.
Sargento® wants to help us and they’re challenging us all to “thin out” our lives and to celebrate the brand new launch of their Ultra-Thin Sliced Cheeses! For me it’s food, but for others it might be overflowing closets or disorganized cabinets. For 45 days (which began on 5/4), Sargento‘s® is offering 32 challenges plus support, suggestions, and giveaways on their Facebook page to get you going on your goal.
Visit the Sargento Facebook page today and post your own entry for a chance to win today’s prizes!
I’m not alone in making a change – check out my fellow Sargento® Ultra Thin “Thin to Win” bloggers and get inspired!
- Charlene – Charlene Chronicles
- Elena – Ciao Mom
- Erin- Fit Mama Training
- Jessica – The Unemployed Mom
- Kelly – Texas Type A Mom
- Aracely – Day Tripping Mom
- Julie – Gerber Gabies Blog
- Leigh – Theme Park Mom
- Melissa – Girlymama
- Stephanie – Goobermonkey
- Christine – I Dream of Clean
- Sarah – Sunnyside Up
- Vanessa –Sew*er, The Caker, The Copycat Maker
- Tonya – Create-Celebrate-Explore
- Ellen – Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Becca – The Mama B Blog
- Carolyn – This Talk Ain’t Cheap
- Deb – Just Short of Crazy
- Julie – Just So Precious
- Xenia – Thanks, Mail Carrier
- Cat – Food Family Finds
- Vanessa – Chef Druck Musings
- John – Stay at Stove Dad
- Julie – Mommie Cooks
- Kelsey – Naptime Chef
- Elaine – My First Baby Bump
- Kathy – A Wife, Mother and First Lady
- Lisa – Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!
- Natalie – Mommy of a Monster & Twins
- Maria – The New York Mom
- Lisa – Life with Lisa
Additional Information Links
- Check out Sargento® Ultra Thin recipes here – varieties in this new line include: Colby-Jack (my fav!), mild cheddar, Provolone, and Swiss. Each slice has 45 calories or less.
- Find a store near you that carries the new Sargento® Ultra Thin cheese
- Learn more about cheese varieties visit their Cheese Expertise page.