I have been a vegetarian for years, but I still find myself cooking the same 3-5 things repeatedly. I know I need to broaden my recipe repertoire, but I seem to collect more traditional cookbooks that I use to make husband’s meals, and I neglect my own.
I recently received a new vegetarian cookbook that looks promising. “The Vegetarian Kitchen Table Cookbook: 275 Delicious Recipes” is a collection of simple recipes that anyone can enjoy. They’re made from fresh whole food and they offer a fabulous variety of colors and flavors. The recipes are well written and the photos are stunning. There are several recipes I’m hoping to attempt shortly. They include an unusual sweet dessert made from caramelized nectarines scented with vanilla, raspberry puffs, and a red curry tofu with shitake mushrooms and bamboo shoots recipe.
You don’t have to be a vegetarian to benefit from a vegetarian lifestyle. Eat meatless one more days a week – you’ll save money and your body will thank you!
About the The Vegetarian Kitchen Table Cookbook: 275 Delicious Recipes Authors
Chef Igor Brotto completed his training in 1989 and he’s worked in institutions from Italy to Montreal. Since 1998 he’s taught at Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec. His interests now include the cultural side of food, agriculture, as well as responsible and sustainable animal husbandry.
Chef Olivier Guiriec started his culinary training in 1986 under the supervision of Chef Jean-Claude Pastoureau. He went on to obtain a culinary teaching diploma in 1995. Olivier began his teaching career in Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa and then moved to the Institut de Tourisme et d’Hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ) in Montreal. Olivier looks for new trends and demands in food and shares them with his students.
- Robert Rose (February 9, 2012)
- ISBN-10: 0778802930 / ISBN-13: 978-0778802938
- Cookbook Review: Norwegian Cakes and Cookies – Modern Classics (miscfinds4u.com)
- FREE Kindle Cookbook: Vegan Junk Food: 225 Sinful Snacks that are Good for the Soul (aimlesscurator.com)
- Free Kindle Books – Celebrate Earth Day Plus 28 More Cookbooks, Self-help & Work Life (aimlesscurator.com)
- Cookbook Review: Vegan Junk Food: 225 Sinful Snacks that are Good for the Soul (miscfinds4u.com)
- Interview: MUFFIN TIN CHEF Cookbook Author Matt Kadey (miscfinds4u.com)
- Review: 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pops Maker Recipes Cookbook (miscfinds4u.com)
- Cookbook Review: Baking Basics and Beyond by Pat Sinclair (miscfinds4u.com)
- Spring Decorating Tutorial from 175 Best Babycakes Cake Pops Recipes (princesstimetoys.com)
- Cookbook Review: 150 BEST CUPCAKE RECIPES – Scratch Baking at its Best! (miscfinds4u.com)