Recipe: Light Fettuccine with Spinach Pesto
Summary: 394 calories per serving (makes 4 main-dish servings)
- 1 lb. fettuccine or linguine
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 ½ cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, washed and dried
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp. pine nuts (pignoli) – divided
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly shaved Parmesan for garnish
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring it to boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook per the package directions. Drain pasta and return to pot to keep warm.
- While noodles are cooking, in blender or food processor, combine spinach, parsley, chives, oil, 4 tablespoons of the pine nuts, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Puree until smooth. Stir in grated Parmesan by hand.
- Drain pasta and put in serving bowl. Add pesto to pasta; toss to combine.
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan and additional 2 Tbls pine nuts
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Here’s another great lightened recipe from the special summer edition of Eating Light. If you’re a meat eater, add 1 cup cooked chicken to the mix or 1 cup chopped ham. Of course, this will change the calorie count and you don’t really need it, this is a delicious meat-free dish.
This recipe is one of several lightened family favorites available now within the summer edition of Eating Light. The magazine highlights recipes from Woman’s Day, Good Housekeeping, Country Living, and Redbook – and all of them are under 400 calories per serving! They’re skinny versions of favorite recipes for every meal including breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts.
Pick up this special edition for only $9.99 at your bookstore, local market, or purchase a digital versrion at Zinio.com or Nook.bn.com.
Recipe and photos are courtesy of Hearst Magazines – used with permission.
- Recipe: Light and Fresh 7-Layer Mexican Dip – Just 100 Calories! (miscfinds4u.com)
- Butternut Squash Soup Recipe (cleverhousewife.com)
- Recipe: Harvest Penne Pasta Skillet Dinner and the Importance of Family Dinners (princesstimetoys.com)
- Thai Chicken with Basil Recipe #healthyrecipes (cleverhousewife.com)