Thirty-five dollars for a paperback cookbook might seem like an extravagance, but when it’s a book you’ll go to time after time, it’s a great investment. Janet & Greta Podleski‘s The Looneyspoons Collection is one such cookbook and it’s just been rewritten and released in a whole new edition.
The Podeleski’s specialize in good food that’s good for you, and they’ve been doing in for years. Their first cookbook of the same name was launched 15 years ago and to celebrate the anniversary, the ladies updated the book to reflect the newest nutritional information available. They share that info with readers throughout the book in fun and quirky, although somewhat corny, ways. It’s definitely more than just a cookbook; it’s a fun way to learn more about nutrition and food in a fun in a painless way.
« Meet the ladies! Breakfast Television Edmonton – first aired March 8, 2012 Watch Video Now »
The book is filled with silly cartoons intermixed with stunning food photographs. The 400 pages are filling with choices for every dietary need imaginable including vegetarian, vegan, diabetic, and gluten-free. They do include many of their original recipes but they’ve updated them to healthier versions; plus they include about 100 completely new recipes.
This new book focuses on reducing sugar and eating healthy fats and they breakdown the nutritional information for every recipe in the book so you know what you’re eating. The Canadian sisters’ recipes can be found in magazines, newspapers, and they’ve been on The Today Show, CNN, QVC, and Canada AM. They have their own line of prepared foods in addition to the line of cookbooks.
The Looneyspoons Collection is definitely on my list of must-own cookbooks and it’s the perfect gift for a first-time cook or even a seasoned one like myself.[raw]
Social Media Links
The Looneyspoons Collection Details
- Publisher: Granet Publishing Inc. (November 1, 2011)
- ISBN-10: 0968063152 ISBN-13: 978-0968063156
Purchase the The Looneyspoons Collection on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca
Enter to win The Looneyspoons Collection Cookbook
- Cookbook Review – The Art of Baking Bread: What You Really Need to Know to Make Great Bread (miscfinds4u.com)
- Babycakes Cake Pops Maker Savory Recipe: Thai Crab Bites with Wasabi Mayo (miscfinds4u.com)
- Cookbook Review: Vegan Junk Food: 225 Sinful Snacks that are Good for the Soul (miscfinds4u.com)
- Guest: Author Sarah Pinneo on her First Book, JULIA’S CHILD: A NOVEL (princesstimetoys.com)
- Cookbook Review: Baking Basics and Beyond by Pat Sinclair (miscfinds4u.com)