One week from today I’ll be in San Francisco, the first time since the late 1990’s when we drove through on our way home from Disneyland. My boys were in their early teens and we spent just a few hours exploring the wharf and its market and the nearby shopping area. I remember driving over the Golden Gate Bridge and making a promise I’d be back some day to really enjoy the city.
All these years later I’m making good on that promise. I’ll be attending the Disney/Pixar press event next week but I’m leaving early and spending two extra days in the city. I arrive on Sunday and I suppose I should start planning what I’m going to do with the extra time, but until then, Disney has sent our final agenda and I wanted to share with you what we’ll be doing while we’re there so you’ll know what to look forward to me sharing soon.
Disney packs a lot into a few short days and this trip is no exception. Our first day of the event we’ll be visiting Pixar Animation Studios where we’ll be seeing a screening of the animated short movies, LA LUNA. We’ll also be seeing advance footage from BRAVE (the footage will be in 2D and 34 minutes long – I can’t wait to see this sneak peek!).
Very early on day two, we’ll be attending the BRAVE Press Day at Pixar Animation Studios. There we’ll have a chance to check out the Highland Games including: Kilts 101 – The History, Culture & Adornment of the Tartan, Archery For All, So You Think You Can Bagpipe?, and ending with a Green Screen Photo Opportunity.
We move directly on to demos and interviews:
- From Page to Screen – Telling tales of epic battles and mystical legends with Louis Gonzales (Story Artist)
- Explore the rugged and mysterious Highlands of Scotland – Steve Pilcher (Production Designer) and Tia Kratter (Shading Art Director)
- Dressing the Royal Family – Claudia Chung (Simulation Supervisor)
- Pixar Animation Studios Tour
- BRAVE Roundtable Interviews
- Mark Andrews (Director)
- Katherine Sarafian (Producer)
- LA LUNA Rountable Interview
- Enrico Casarosa (Director)
We complete the evening with a private screening of Disneynature‘s CHIMPANZEE. This film is the 4th in the Disneynature series following “Earth,” “Oceans” and “African Cats”— I expect that it will be phenomenal. It follows Oscar and his pals for three years in the jungles of Uganda and the Ivory Coast. The film is rated G and opens in theaters on Earth Day.
We’ll be dinning that night as a group that night at Burger Bar; a restaurant owned by Top Chef Master’s Chef, Hubert Keller. I’ve checked out the menu and it’s pretty fantastic, even for this vegetarian and as a fan of the show, I’m interested in seeing how his talents translate into his restaurant.
We finish our trip on Wednesday with an early morning trip to the Walt Disney Family Museum. This is a chance to connect with the rich Disney Family history and I hope to have some amazing information to share with you from this part of our journey.
I’d love to know what you’d like to know from the BRAVE and LA LUNA directors. Are you aware of the movies? Will you be seeing BRAVE when it arrives in theaters on 6/22/12 and Disneynature’s CHIMPANZEE on April 22?
Social Media Links
Opens April 20th (Earth Day)
Disney • Pixar BRAVE
Opens in US theatres June 22, 2012.
Disney • Pixar
The Walt Disney Family Museum
- Disney-Pixar San Francisco Press Event for CHIMPANZEE and BRAVE #DisneyPixarEvent (miscfinds4u.com)
- Music: McClain Sisters Disneynature’s CHIMPANZEE Video Released (miscfinds4u.com)
- DisneyNature CHIMPANZEE Movie In Theaters Earth Day 2012 (princesstimetoys.com)
- Two New Movies Coming Up For Disney – The Lone Ranger & Chimpanzee! (tammystwocents.com)
- Disney Pixar BRAVE Photo Gallery and Movie Synopsis (miscfinds4u.com)
- Disney Pixar’s Finding Nemo 3D Movie Trailer Released (miscfinds4u.com)