Kids seem to like food better when it’s fun. That explains all the wildly colored treats in all different shapes and flavors. But how about getting them to eat something healthy by having a little fun with it! You can also use these at Thanksgiving dinner as a kids-only entree they’ll enjoy.
These can also be baked in silver foil cupcake wrappers for a festive look and easier removal from the pan (and no greasing required!). It also makes clean up much easier.
- 1 lb. of ground turkey
- 1 package of Nueva Cocina® Picadillo Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 8-oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons of unseasoned bread
- Mashed potatoes (fresh or frozen - thaw first)
- 6-cupcake baking tray
- Cranberries or Raisins for "cherry" topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Grease a regular 6-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a
medium bow combineground turkey, Nueva Cocina® Picadillo seasoning, egg white, bread crumbs, and tomato sauce until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Divide the meatloaf mixture evenly between the cupcake molds
- Loosely cover the cupcake tin with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue for an additional 5 minutes or until the tops are browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the "cupcakes" and "frost" with warm mashed potatoes and top with a raisin or cranberry on top.
- Sprinkle the Picadillo season if desired to garnish the plate.