Are we there yet? How ‘bout now? Now? How about now?
Want to avoid hearing those dreaded words over and over again as you make you way “over the river and through the woods” on your way to grandmother’s house for Thanksgiving? Plan ahead with a few fun games, a book on CD, and some songs to sing, and you’ll arrive in a great mood and you’ll have made some family memories as well.
Road trips are a part of the holidays and the whole concept was recreated in the upcoming film Disney’s “The Muppets.” Kermit joins Walter (Walter), Gary (Jason Segel), Mary (Amy Adams) and—eventually—the whole Muppet gang in the car for a cross-country road trip of epic proportions. They’re getting back together to save Muppet Studios from evil oilman Tex Richman.
Have the Muppets come along on your ride with this fun game that any child can participate in!
“The Muppets” Road Trip Montage Video
DISNEY’S “THE MUPPETS” ROAD TRIP GAME
Play Muppet I Spy and locate the following:
- Kermit green cars
- Person who looks like a relative of Gonzo’s
- People who look like they just stepped off the Electric Mayhem Band bus (tie-dye shirts, long hair, etc)
- Miss Piggy’s biggest fans (look for passengers dressed up, wearing feathers or sequins, singing, or looking at themselves in the mirror)
- Bumper stickers that are so funny, Fozzie Bear would add them to his act
- People wearing suits they in the style of Statler and Waldorf
- Cars that are so patriotic, Sam the Eagle just might be driving them
- Sing the chorus of “Mahna Mahna” or “Rainbow Connection” at a red light or while driving through a tunnel
- Find a license plate from Smalltown, USA (or at least one that is red, white and blue)
- Find the letters of Disney’s “The Muppets” in license plates
About “The Muppets” Movie
On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world’s biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze the Muppet Theater and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets’ former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the theater, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have all gone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate. With secret, signature, celebrity cameos, Disney’s “The Muppets” hits the big screen Nov. 23, 2011.
Source: Walt Disney Studios
- Miss Piggy Q&A – She Dishes on Kermit, Fashion, and Her Own Fabulousness (miscfinds4u.com)
- 2011 Muppets Movie Cast Bio: Chris Cooper as Bad Guy Tex Richman (aimlesscurator.com)
- 2011 Muppets Movie Cast Bio: Amy Adams Takes on the Role of Mary (aimlesscurator.com)
- Total Muppet Domination – Thanksgiving 2011 – Are You Ready? (miscfinds4u.com)
- 2011 Muppets Movie Crew Bio: Music Supervisor Bret McKenzie (aimlesscurator.com)