The Dremel® brand has partnered with expert craftsman Chip Wade, of HGTV’s “Curb Appeal: The Block” and “Designed to Sell,” to conquer one feat this year: ‘Tackling America’s To-Do List.’ Wade will lead viewers through step-by-step instructions and tool recommendations for tackling what a national survey revealed are among the top projects on homeowners’ to-do lists. Here’s this month’s video and don’t forget to scroll to the bottom and enter to win your own Dremel tool!
Tackling America’s To-Do List with Chip Wade: Regrouting Bathroom Tile
DIY Home Repair – Regrout Shower/Bath
- MM501 1/16-Inch Carbide Grout Blade
- MM500 1/8-Inch Carbide Grout Blade
- Painter’s tape
- Dust brush
- Insert MM500 or MM501 Carbide Grout Blade into the tool, depending on the width of your grout lines, tighten the screw with the Allen wrench to secure the screw within the holder.
- To protect your shower/bath area, we recommend linking the edge with painter’s tape before you begin work with your Dremel tool. You may also consider taping the tile for added protection.
- Set the tool to medium to high speed and slowly guide the blade into the grout.
- In smooth, even motions, push tool along the grout line to begin removal. Depending on how hard the grout is, more than one pass may be required.
- If needed, rotate the blade to get into tight corners – remember to unplug the tool before changing the blade.
- Keep the blade parallel to whatever ledge you’re working with, allowing the tool to meet the wall at a right angle.
- To avoid scratching, do not allow it to rest on any ledges.
- To control plunge depth, use the carbide grit line on the blade as an indicator. Do not plunge beyond grit line to prevent harming the backer board.
- When finished, dust off edges and remove tape.
- Regrout floor following floor preparation instructions supplied by grout manufacturer.
Connect with Dremel Tools
Dremel® Multi-MaxTM MM20 Oscillating Tool System Fact Sheet
Dremel® is taking its oscillating tools up a notch. A new, high-performance tool with expanded application capabilities, the DremelMulti-MaxTM MM20 Oscillating Tool System allows do-it-yourself enthusiasts to easily and comfortably tackle a wide variety of materials and applications, making traditionally complicated projects accessible for the everyday homeowner. Homeowners can Repair. Remodel. Restore.TM like never before with the powerful new addition to the Dremel oscillating tool system.
- The MM20’s powerful 2.3 amp motor enhances tool performance and is 50 percent more powerful than the current Multi-Max, allowing for faster, more efficient cuts in a variety of materials
- With a variable speed range from 10,000 – 21,000 oscillations per minute (OPM), the Multi-Max MM20 offers the ability to complete applications with detail, precision and optimal performance
- A separate on/off switch and speed control retain speed settings for ease of use and the perfect speed every time
- The brand’s Quick FitTM accessory interface makes accessory changes twice as fast as similar oscillating tool systems
- The Multi-Max MM20 is compatible with all current Dremel oscillating accessories and boasts new, larger accessories designed to accommodate the tool’s increased performance
- Accessories with longer and wider dimensions facilitate the MM20’s added cutting depth and width, allowing users to cut through more material in a shorter amount of time. These new blades make precise cuts through tough materials such as hard woods and framing lumber and can even slice 2x4s
- The Multi-Max MM20 boasts a sleek, industrial design as well as strategic vent locations and a larger fan for efficient performance
- A new motor and upgraded fan design enable the MM20 to run smooth and cool, making handling over an extended period of time more comfortable than ever
- Ergonomically designed, the Multi-Max MM20 features a narrowed, soft grip zone and light body for enhanced comfort
- An extended length, 7-foot rubber cord allows users to easily maneuver the tool while cutting, sanding, scraping, grinding and removing grout within any workspace
- Open Market:
- MM70W Sand Paper (5)
- MM11 Hook and Loop Pad
- MM610 Flexible Scraper Blade
- New MM480 HCS Flush-Cut Blade
The Dremel Multi-Max MM20 will be available at most hardware and home improvement centers nationwide mid-November 2011 for an SRP of $99.99 USD and $119 CADwi
Since inventing the high-speed rotary tool more than 75 years ago, Dremel has become the trusted name in high-speed rotary tool technology, providing creative solutions for hands-on professionals, homeowners, craftspeople and artists alike. The Dremel brand’s leadership in design and manufacturing has made it the top selling rotary tool in the world, a reflection of the company’s commitment to innovation and quality.
Today, as a wholly owned subsidiary of the Robert Bosch Tool Corporation in Mount Prospect, Ill., Dremel continues to build upon this legacy with a full line of high-performance rotary tools and rotary tool attachments and accessories, specialty tools and an oscillating tool and oscillating accessories, delivering the perfect solution for almost any job. Regardless of what the task may be, users quickly realize they can depend on the Dremel brand to provide the satisfaction of a job well done.
Have a regrouting project of your own but don’t have a Dremel Multi-Max MM20 Oscillating Tool? Well then, enter below to win one!
Please wait for the Rafflecopter widget to load to enter – Tweet up to once a day (through the widget) for 10 extra points daily!
- Cordless Dremel Multi-MaxTM Oscillating Tool (miscfinds4u.com)
- Dremel “America’s To-Do List” Video with Chip Wade Sneak Peek (miscfinds4u.com)
- Chip Wade and Dremel Tools: Installing Laminate Floors with Saw-Max (WIN IT!) (miscfinds4u.com)