The grounds of Rosario Resort & Spa on Orcas Island (located in the East Sound area) are stunning but better yet, they smell delicious. Right along the bank are enormous lavender bushes full of bees and butterflies. It’s the end of summer and the flowers are fading, but the scent is alive and heady. The trail up from the marina to the main building is full of wonderful little areas to discover. To stop and smell the flowers….quite literally.
Once you climb the hill you’re rewarded with a view from the 21-over pool that’s not to be missed….but that’ll be posted another day in all its glory. Until then, enjoy this peaceful little view from the walking path that hugs the cliff between the hotel and the inlet. The wind, the scents, the sun…what a glorious day it was. I simply must get back there some day for more than a day trip!
- Photo of the Day: Rosario Resort Marina – Orcas Island, Washington (miscfinds4u.com)
- Today’s Quote: Mark Twain – Better to Live Outside the Garden (miscfinds4u.com)
- Scents. (theholisticchick.wordpress.com)
- Photo of the Day: Mt Baker from the Washington State Ferry Hyak (miscfinds4u.com)
- The Room Outside, Part 2 (cherrymenlove.com)
- Today’s Quote: Such a Happiness When Good People Get Together… (miscfinds4u.com)