Coco Chanel lived an interesting life and I think most people, like me, thought she led a charmed life. But she didn’t. She made her life. Her signature colors, black and white, where an homage to the nuns in the orphanage where she grew up. She was a survivor, too. She survived abandonment, poverty, and the loss of the love of her life in a car accident.
She was a seamstress who defined fashion and she’s probably shaped the world of fashion more than any other woman. She did live a charmed life in the end, the one she built. While I’m certainly no slave to fashion and I have no desire to own designer clothing, I can’t help but admire Coco as the self-made woman that she was. This quote says a lot about the woman Coco became and it’s something I will try to emulate in my own life. To leave people with a positive impression and experience when they spend time with me.
That’s my plan. 🙂See all Quotes
- Today’s Quote: A Genius is a Genius…a Moron is a Moron – Ayn Rand (miscfinds4u.com)
- Today’s Quote: Douglas Adams I Ended Up Where I Needed To Be (miscfinds4u.com)
- Quote: Weekends Don’t Count Unless You Spend Them… (miscfinds4u.com)
- QUOTES: Funny Monday Quotes from the Laundry Room to Disney (miscfinds4u.com)
- Today’s Quote: Selective Ignorance Makes Parenting Easier (miscfinds4u.com)
- Quotes: Be Healthy, Be Happy, Be Strong, Be Fit, Be You (miscfinds4u.com)
- 20 Positive and Inspirational Quotes About Growing Old (miscfinds4u.com)
- Motivation Monday Quotes – Honesty, Truth and Love (miscfinds4u.com)
- My Favorite Inspirational Quotes Organized via Pinterest (miscfinds4u.com)
- Today’s Quote: Jimmy Buffett on Saturday Nights (miscfinds4u.com)