What kid doesn’t wish his parents were something more….more than a truck driver, school teacher, doctor….something more exotic and intriguing like an international spy with all the cool spy cars and gear that goes with it? Well, the kids in “Who Is Simon Miller?” are about to find out that the dad they know and love is keeping a huge secret – a hidden life. And dad’s in trouble and the kids and mom set out to help him.
That’s the premise of this weeks’ P&G Family Movie Night, this Saturday (August 6) at 8pm ET/7pm ct. The movie will appeal to teens and their parents (my unofficial rating is PG-13 due to violence). This movie is in a series of movies sponsored by Proctor & Gamble to benefit families.
The acting is good, especially the two teens. They play smart, but not too sassy, kids who work together to pool their individual talents to help locate their father. The mother is played well by Skyler Day, but the character is a bit ditsy and her mood is weirdly light in a few occasions that in real life would be tense.
The movie is enjoyable and I can imagine it being a great movie to share with your children.
- Simon Miller – Loren Dean – Film: Apollo 13, Gattica, Enemy of the State, and Space Cowboys; TV: Bones
- Meredith Miller – Robyn Lively – TV: Chicago Hope, Savannah, The Mentalist, 30 Rock,and Saving Grace, and Letters to God.
- Sarah Miller – Skyler Day – TV: iCarly, Drop Dead Diva, Sonny With A Chance, and Good Luck Charlie.
- Kevin Miller – Drew Koles – Film: Easy A; TV: A Prayer For The Umpire, A Funeral For Grandpa Harry, The Gift, and Sitters Street.
- Amanda – Christine Baranski – Film: The Birdcage, Bowfinger, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Chicago, and Mamma Mia!;TV: All My Children, Cybill, Law And Order, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Frasier, Ugly Betty, and The Good Wife
- Jasmine – Olunike Adeliyi – Blue Murder, DoUlike2watch.com, and New York Minute
- “Who Is Simon Miller?” is on Saturday, August 6 on NBC at 8pm ET/7pm CT.
- Family Movie Night website
- Family Movie Night Facebook page
Note: I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of P&G and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.
- Family Movie Night – Field of Vision – June 11 8pm ET/7pm CT (miscfinds4u.com)
- Giveaway: Snack Simply All Summer Long with Bagel Bites (miscfinds4u.com)
- THE HELP Opening Early, Special Previews in Select Cities, and More! (miscfinds4u.com)