I’m so excited about “The Help” finally opening in theaters next week. It’s no secret that I saw this new film DreamWorks last month in a sneak preview and I LOVED it! I’m not allowed to tell you anything else about it, but if you like movies that make you think and feel….you’ll likely love it too! Dare I say it’s going to be the summer blockbuster? I think I just did!
And if you read the best-selling book the movie is based on, be assured, DreamWorks did a fabulous job of staying true to the story. There were some minor changes, I’m sure because it’s hard to fit such a fabulous story into 90-minutes of film, but the movies stands on its own. If you haven’t read the book, no worries; but I suspect you’ll get the book afterwards to delve even deeper into these very interesting characters.
DreamWorks Pictures has created an awesome “Helpful Book Club Kit” so if you need to create a “THE HELP“-themed meeting, you’re all set! It contains southern-style recipes, drinks inspired by the characters, and discussion group questions.
Download THE HELP freeBookclub Kit
“THE HELP“ is rated PG-13 and opens in theatres in the US on
August 12, 2011 AUGUST 10th!
THE HELP DREAMWORKS PICTURES and participant media
- Genre: Drama
- Rating: PG-13
- U.S. Release date: August 10, 2011
- Cast: Jessica Chastain, Viola Davis, Bryce Dallas Howard, Allison Janney, Chris Lowell, Sissy Spacek, Octavia Spencer, Emma Stone, Cicely Tyson, Mike Vogel
- Director: Tate Taylor
- Producers: Brunson Green, Chris Columbus, Michael Barnathan
- Executive Producers: Mark Radcliffe, Tate Taylor, L. Dean Jones Jr., Nate Berkus, Jennifer Blum, John Norris, Jeff Skoll and Mohamed Mubarak Al Mazrouei
- Screenplay by: Tate Taylor
- Based on the novel by: Kathryn Stockett
Based on one of the most talked about books in years and a #1 New York Times best-selling phenomenon, “The Help” stars Emma Stone (“Easy A”) as Skeeter, Academy Award®–nominated Viola Davis (“Doubt”) as Aibileen and Octavia Spencer as Minny—three very different, extraordinary women in Mississippi during the 1960s, who build an unlikely friendship around a secret writing project that breaks societal rules and puts them all at risk. From their improbable alliance a remarkable sisterhood emerges, instilling all of them with the courage to transcend the lines that define them, and the realization that sometimes those lines are made to be crossed—even if it means bringing everyone in town face-to-face with the changing times.
Deeply moving, filled with poignancy, humor and hope, “The Help” is a timeless and universal story about the ability to create change
- DreamWorks Featurette Behind The Scenes of The Help (miscfinds4u.com)
- THE HELP Opening Early, Special Previews in Select Cities, and More! (miscfinds4u.com)
- Dreamworks’ THE HELP – Behind the Scenes Look and Cast Interviews (miscfinds4u.com)
- Mary J Blige Lends Her Voice to “The Help” in Theatres 9/12/11 (miscfinds4u.com)
- Take Tissues When “The Help” Opens In Theaters August 12 (miscfinds4u.com)
- Dreamworks Pictures Presents “The Help” In Theaters August 12th (miscfinds4u.com)