The wildest safari I’ve ever been on was on at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, but my oldest son travels the world and has been on safari in the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania. It’s an enormous wild animal preserve where the animals are so well protected from poachers that they’re not afraid of the jeeps passing through and several of them checked out the passengers, including the elephant above. I love the texture and coloring of the elephant’s skin – what a beautiful creature!
Check out Our Wanderlust Son – Pictures from Africa for more information and photos.
- Size: 14,763 sq km (5,700 sq miles).
- Location: 335km (208 miles) from Arusha, stretching north to Kenya and bordering Lake Victoria to the west.
- The official site of the Tanzania National Parks – Serengeti … Tanzania‘s oldest and most popular national park, also a world heritage site and recently proclaimed a 7th world wide wonder, the Serengeti is famed for its …
- Serengeti National Park – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia – The Serengeti National Park is a large national park in Serengeti area, Tanzania. It is most famous for its annual migration of over one and a half million …
Serengeti National Park pictures, Ngorongoro crater, Serengeti National Park Map, Park Facts, Weather, Location, Climate, and Safari Information
- Photo of the Day: First Time at Yellowstone National Park (miscfinds4u.com)
- Photo of the Day: My Alaska Cruise aka Barfing at Sea (miscfinds4u.com)
- Book Review: TIME for Kids: Big Book of How (miscfinds4u.com)