While at the gym I’m being introduced to new techniques and equipment that will help my body burn fat and tone muscle. While at home, I need to introduce myself to new foods and eating habits in order to lose the weight and nourish my body from the inside out. Chances are, if you’re overweight, out of shape or just feeling unhealthy, you’ve been eating wrong. In order to get on the right path and successfully lose weight, you’ll first need to change your eating behaviors and here are some of the steps you can take to get started:
- Never skip meals or snacks. Meal skipping may cause you to overeat at your next meal because your body will be hungry and your blood sugar will be low.
- Try not to clean your plate. Always leave a little food on your plate after every meal and you will save tons of calories over time.
- Slowdown your eating pace. Eating too fast limits enjoyment of food. Remember, it takes about 20 minutes for your body to realize that it’s full.
- Store trigger foods out of sight. They will be too tempting to resist if they are around all day.
- Only eat when you are truly hungry. Ask yourself if you are really hungry or if you are just bored, stressed, tired, anxious, etc.
These tips, along with others, were provided to me as part of the Lucille Roberts LiveRite Weight Loss Coaching Program. Currently, I am not following their recommended diet, but I am using it as a guideline along with the exercise and healthy eating tips they teach within the program.
My Journey So Far:
- Lucille Roberts Gym Women’s Fitness Blogger: Getting Started
- Lucille Roberts: My First Weigh-In (Photos)
- Mamavation? Sistahood? Grunt Style? Help?
- Lucille Roberts Blogger Experience: What I’m Expecting and Accepting
ABOUT LUCILLE ROBERTS GYMS
Lucille Roberts Gyms, the leader in women’s only health clubs, is dedicated to improving women’s lives through gym fitness, weight loss, diet and gym exercise. With 45 gym locations and continued fitness center growth throughout New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Lucille Roberts Gyms have been servicing women by providing the best health club value and by offering one low price for unlimited gym visits, unlimited fitness classes, babysitting, diet and nutritional counseling at our gyms, personal training and friendly service run by the experts in women’s weight loss so our customer gets the gym results they want fast!
- Good-Bye Weight Watchers – Hello Live Strong!
- Weight Loss Update – 3 Months and 23 Pounds