I love my daughter. I really do. But I’ll be the first to admit that she is one stubborn little [censored!] most days. She likes getting her way, we all do, which is fine except for when you have to share your space with someone — like driving in the car for instance, when we have to decide on a radio station to listen to. Angelina would be completely content if the only musicians that existed were Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, and Rhianna. Throw in a little Black Eye Peas now and then and she’ll love you forever. I, on the other hand, like a little variety, especially since I rarely get to listen to music at home. This creates a problem, particularly on longer road trips.
I created a playlist for her on my iPhone, which keeps her busy for a bit, but not only does that kill my battery, it’s also an inconvenience when I need to make calls or reply to emails (not while driving!). Luckily for me, Crayola is now offering an MP3 player just for kids, manufactured by Sakar, and what’s even better is that they sent us one to review! This couldn’t have come at a better time since we’re planning a family road trip in August.
The Crayola MP3 Player is ideal for children ages 5 and up (3 and up in my opinion) and is available online at the Crayola Store for $45.99. The player comes complete with child-friendly earphones that actually “hook” on and stay put and an easy-to-use Music Express software CD. After installing the players software onto your computer you can load it by either uploading mp3 files or straight from your own CD’s, and it can hold up to 1800 songs (or 96 hours)! The boldly marked controls are easy for kids to learn and to use and they include, play/pause, fast forward, rewind and stop. You also don’t have to worry about charging it on the go because it requires only one AAA battery. Kids will love the familiar, colorful design as well.
MP3 Player Features
- 2 GB of memory
- USB mass storage to store and copy your data files
- Built-in microphone for voice recording
- Built-in speakers
- LCD Display shows song title, artist, track time, and more
- USB interface to connect to your computer
- Auto-start when plugged into your PC
- Find and organize all your music
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista or 7
- Intel Processor Based MAC with MAC OS X 10.5x or Higher
- Crayola iMarker, a Kid-Friendly iPad Stylus (wired.com)
- GIVEAWAY: Paper Jamz Pro Microphone – Sing Like a Rockstar!
- Peaceable Kingdom’s Cooperative Games
- Minnie and Me Personalize Children’s Book
- Keeping in Touch With Your Kids
- Red Toolbox Kits: Building Crafts and Relationships for Father’s Day