It’s finally starting to look like summer here in Seattle and the air is filled daily with the smell of meat on the grill. While most neighbors go for the standard hamburgers and steak, we have a few that are more adventurous. Our own grilling tends to be salmon or steak for the hubby next to my tofu or meat-substitute dish. But the hubby will be breaking out of the same-old-grill-fair with Johnsonville Italian sausage and Bratwurst Patties soon.
And thanks to the National Pork Board and Johnsonville Sausage, you have the chance to try some Johnsonville Italian sausage and Bratwurst Patties yourself! One lucky reader will receive 10 full-value Johnsonville product coupons so you can get your own grill on! And, to sweeten the offer, use your new brats and sausages to create your own one-of-a-kind recipe and enter it in the Johnsonville “No Ordinary Burger” recipe contest to celebrate their new line of pork burgers – Italian sausage and Bratwurst Patties – available at Walmart.
The winner of the Johnsonville “No Ordinary Burger” recipe contest will win a year’s worth of groceries from Walmart. Not a cook? No worries, you can still participate by voting for your favorite burger on the contest site.
How Will You Make Your Burger Extraordinary?
- Go Tropical: Top your patty with some of summer’s sweetest fruit like pineapple, peaches or mangoes.
- Bacon Back: Back up your pork with bacon and take a trip to Hawaii by adding grilled pineapple spears.
- Too Cheesy: There’s no such thing as too much cheese- top your patty with two of your favorite cheeses and please, skip that plastic America cheese and go for the good stuff.
- Kick It!: Go ahead and add your favorite hot sauce or salsa!
- Salad on Top: Make a fabulous coleslaw and pile it on top of your burger!
- Ditch the Bun: Go with a pita, tortilla, or wrap for something fresh and fun.
We’ll be picking up some Johnsonville soon and I’ll be trying my own hand at creating a recipe!
- It’s BBQ Season and that Means Cooking With Coca-Cola
- Blueberries – Nature’s Little Blue Dynamos are in Season!
- OAMC: Mild Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya Recipe
- Gimmie Lean Vegetarian Sausage Mini Lasagna Recipe – OAMC Version