- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 6 baby carrots, grated
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 10 oz extra firm tofu, diced
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Low sodium soy sauce to taste
- Heat oil in skillet and stir fry ginger and tofu until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, cabbage, carrots, scallions and bean sprouts. Stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add low sodium soy sauce to taste.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place wrapper on the diagonal, and place 2 tbsp filling across the middle of each wrapper.
- Fold up both sides snugly against filling and moisten with a little water. Seal parcels.
- Prepare baking try with low calorie cooking spray and lay out spring rolls, spraying tops of rolls.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and crispy.
These low-fat vegetarian spring rolls are baked and not fried and filled with tofu and vegetable. So fabulous! And you don’t have to be a vegetarian to love them! The tofu takes on the flavor of the herbs and sauces and it blends in fabulously!
These spring rolls are super easy to make and take just minutes to roll up in the rice paper wrappers. They’re delightfully light and tasty and we’ve made these ahead and frozen them. They reheat beautifully in the toaster oven or conventional oven. Heck, the hubby heats his in the microwave. Soy sauce is a great dipping sauce, but you can also do a sweet and sour or wasabi.
Prefer meat? Substitute some cooked and chopped chicken or pork, but this will change the calorie and fat counts. Or, use faux chicken or vegetarian sausage to change them up. These make fabulous cocktail hour Hors d’œuvres. Or eat 2-3 for a main entree.