I’ve tried tea many times, in fact I’ve shared some of those trials with you here, but I just don’t like it. However, I have tried a new one that might just change that.
I’ve recently tasted ITO EN (North America) Inc’s Teas’Tea, a lightly sweetened, but low calorie and ready-to-drink flavored authentically brewed tea. It comes in several different flavors and sweet/lightly sweet/unsweetend choices and best of all, they’re packaged in non-leaching, recyclable, PETE1 BPA-Free bottles! Even the used leaves hat are used to make the beverages are recycled. The leaves are used in paper production and made into cardboard! Recycled PETE bottles are made into fabric and even the vending machine that sell their beverages is made from recycled PET.
All of Teas’Tea teas are made with purified water, tea, and natural flavorings like lemongrass, dried rose petals, peppermint leaves, and cane sugar. Available teas include Oolong, Green, Black, and White with flavors like Jasmine, Lemongrass, Rose, Ming, Apple, Peach, Lemon, Blueberry, and Mango.
I greatly enjoyed the varieties I tried. My favorite was the lightly sweetened blueberry green tea. At only 80 calories in the 16.9 fl oz bottle, it was a refreshing and healthier alternative to the drinks I generally consume. There was a very slight tea taste, but mostly the blueberry shone through. Even the sweetened versions contain only 140 calories. Not a lot for the health benefits for green tea in a fat-free drink.
I need to incorporate more green tea in my diet so I’ll be trying some of the other varieties, soon.
- 2 quarts TEAS’ TEA Pure Green
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves, plus more for garnish
- 4 peeled slices fresh ginger (about 1 inch by 2 inches each -divided)
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
- 1 quart apple juice
- Combine the tea, cloves, two pieces of ginger and two cinnamon sticks in a large pitcher.
- Let steep at room temperature for about two hours. Refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Wash the orange and slice it into thin pieces.
- Wash, core and slice the apple. Stud the slices with cloves.
- Remove the cloves, cinnamon and ginger from the tea.
- Mix the tea, juice and remaining cinnamon sticks and ginger in the pitcher.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
- Teas’Tea Twitter Page
- Teas’Tea Facebook Page
WHERE TO FIND
- Find a local retailer – in the Seattle area, Teas’Tea can be found at Uwajimaya and Whole Foods
- Purchase online – eStore includes teaware, gift sets, fresh tea, tins, and more.
OTHER COMPANY DETAILS
The company is socially responsible. View their social responsibility page to see the initiatives they support, scholarships, and community and charitable work.
- Can Green Tea Help Digestion? (everydayhealth.com)
- Light Gingery Blueberry Shortcake Sliders – Lower in Fat and Calories but Not Taste
- Organic, Natural, Allergen-free, Vegetarian and Vegan Easter Candy Avaiable Online For Those In Need
- Granny Smith Apple Cobbler Recipe – Fast, Easy and Fat-Free