Most people struggle to get enough fiber in their diet. If you do, you’re not alone. Statistics say that 9 out of 10 Americans are not getting enough fiber and it’s an important component in your overall health. A recent nutrition review* concluded that eating fiber is associated with reduced risks of cardiovascular disease, obesity and diabetes. Additionally, those who eat a high-fiber diet generally feel fuller and not as hungry. These statistics are interesting because in a recent study of 1000 bloggers, 30% thought they were reaching the recommended amount, but statistically, they probably are not.
So how do you get 25-38 grams of fiber a day when Americans generally consume only 15 of the grams they need? First, simple changes like changing to whole wheat pasta and bread and by adding fresh fruits and vegetables to your diet. Raspberries are high in fiber and low in calories – nearly a perfect food. You can also upgrade your regular breakfast cereal to one of the Fiber One cereals which offer at least 30% of the daily recommended amount in a single serving (some offer up to 50%).
Choose from Fiber One Original and flavored varieties like Honey Clusters, Raisin Bran Clusters, Caramel Delight, and Shredded Wheat. Find the one you like and get a jumpstart on their fiber intake each day. Let your taste buds be your guide and start working toward better nutrition on bowl at a time.
Visit Fiber One online for great information on healthy living and additional ways to incorporate fiber into your diet. Also, be sure to check out the Fiber One Facebook page and join in on the conversation. They’d love to hear how you stay satisfied with Fiber One cereals!
“Honey Nut Cheerios® cereal, information, and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark”
- High Fiber Low Fat Apple and Yogurt Topped Waffles Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Mocha Brownies – 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points (miscfinds4u.com)
- Easy and Light Chicken Fettuccine Recipe Just 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus (miscfinds4u.com)
- Good-Bye Weight Watchers – Hello Live Strong! (miscfinds4u.com)
- Healthy Low Fat Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting (miscfinds4u.com)
- Low-Fat Macadamia Crunch Caramel Cheesecake Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Raisin Cookie Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Light Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes with Strawberry Gelee Filling (miscfinds4u.com)