“Friends share secrets. That’s what keeps us close.” – Alison, Pretty Little Liars
It’s a terribly large secret that keeps the four 16-year old teens, Aria Montgomery, Emily Fields, Hanna Marin, and Spencer Hastings, together after the unexplained disappearance of their clique leader, Alison DiLaurentis. But that’s not the only secret they share about the terrible things they’ve done. So I have to ask, are there times when it’s OK to keep someone’s secret? Or does it lead to larger ones?
In the case of the girls from Pretty Little Liars, a series on ABC Family, which is based on the young adult novels by Sara Shepard, their secrets are getting between them. It’s the “Twin Peaks” for this generation.
The discovery of a body and the anonymous messages (this time via text message) threatens to expose the girls’ secrets. Luckily, in life, we don’t generally have to make choices like this, and that’s what makes the series fun. You don’t have to be a teen to enjoy the mystery, suspense, and the intrigue. Plus, the music is fantastic in every episode.
If you haven’t had a chance to catch the series, it’s not too late. You can preorder the Pretty Little Liars Season One on DVD (out on June 7, 2011) and catch up with the girls. Then the summer premiere airs on June 14, Tuesdays at 8/7c, on ABC Family.
Pretty Little Liars Season Series – Season One DVD Details:
- Actors: Holly Marie Combs, Lucy Hale, Chad Lowe, Ashley Benson, Troian Bellisario
- Format: AC-3, Box set, Color, Dolby, DVD, Widescreen, NTSC
- Language: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
- Number of discs: 5
- Rated: Unrated
- Studio: Warner Home Video
- DVD Release Date: June 7, 2011
- Run Time: 60 minutes each episode
UPDATE July 2016 – All Six Seasons of Pretty Little Liars are Now Available on DVD
Pretty Little Liars Books
You May Also Like:
- Pretty Little Liars Soundtrack Features Fay Wolf’s “Your Love” Exclusively
- Glee Encore – 30 Musical Performances on DVD from Season 1
- Superman’s Love – The Romances of Smallville and Finale Clip
- Good vs Evil is About to Play Out One Last Time on Smallville
- Trying On Superman’s Super Powers – Which Would You Choose?