My husband likes rice with anything. This is actually a different version of Spanish Rice than I usually make because I had different things on hand. First, I had crockpot shredded beef to use up so I threw it in. Because it’s made with basic ingredients that lend themselves well to any recipe, I was able to use it in this dish. Spice it up with chilis and salsa and it’s a taco filling!
I generally make a full bag of rice in my rice cooker so I have an additional 3-5 cups to use for another recipe tomorrow. I cool it and bag it until I’m ready to use it again. Generally 3-5 days in the refrigerator or 3 months in the freezer. I never use instant rice any more – I use long grain and cook it when I have time and freeze it to reheat and eat another time. It’s perfect with my freezer Salisbury meatballs or spaghetti sauce with chicken.
This OAMC Spanish Rice should be used within 2-3 months. To reheat, let in thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then cook at 350 for 20-45 minutes depending on the size of your dish. Just until heated through and yes, it can be microwaved as well.
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 3 can (14.5 to 16 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can (14.5 to 16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 cups crockpot shredded beef (see below) or 2 lbs browned ground beef
- 1 T parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Mexican combination cheese
- In a large pot over low heat, warm olive oil. Add onions, bell pepper, and celery - saute until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper; and meat simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Easy Baked Pecan-Crusted Chicken Strips Recipe – OAMC Version (miscfinds4u.com)
- Gimmie Lean Vegetarian Sausage Mini Lasagna Recipe – OAMC Version (miscfinds4u.com)
- Homemade Chicken Nuggets OAMC Version (miscfinds4u.com)
- Summertime Vegetarian Grilling Recipes – Black Bean Burgers (miscfinds4u.com)
- Stocking My Fridge With Fresh Vegetables Helps Me Stay On My Diet Plan (miscfinds4u.com)