This Greek Yogurt recipe is one that I’ll be making this week. It’s heavily based (and reprinted here with permission) on one by Voskos Greek Yogurt. I’m opting for mini muffins and 1% milk to reduce the calories and give me options (ie., one or two today!). Also because I think minis taste better after freezing than full size and I’ll be freeing these (wrap tightly and they should be tasty for up to 2 months). Yes, I’m weird like that, my husband says I’m nuts, but I can taste something and tell you if it’s been frozen, especially bread items.
At just over 100 calories per mini muffin, these aren’t low-calorie but they’re close (the photo shows the full size muffins – the calorie count will be double :). With some experimenting I could probably bring down the calorie count, especially the fat, but why. My theory is to eat whole, good food, just less of it. I won’t use margarine, sugar substitutes, and the like. I want whole, real, food like my grandmother used to eat. So I make the servings smaller and that includes sweets like these. Two mini muffins just feels like more fun and can be eaten at two different times of the day than one large muffin.
I’m also going to experiment with adding fresh raspberries or blueberries. They just seem like they’d be a really good add-in without adding a ton of calories and add in some important fiber.
Recipe: Greek Yogurt Vanilla Mini Muffins
Summary: Voskos Greek Yogurt – Reprinted with permission
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt – Plain (like VOSKOS)
- 3 tbsp 1% Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Confectioners Sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk butter and sugar together, then add eggs
- Add VOSKOS Greek Yogurt, milk, and vanilla
- Mix flour with baking soda and gradually add to liquid mixture, incorporating well.
- Fill muffin tin cups almost full.
- Bake 10 minutes (20 if doing 12 traditional cupcake sized muffins), or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Dust with powdered sugar and ENJOY!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 8
Microformatting by hRecipe.