♥ See more Light Recipe posts by Charli ♥
This is another lightened creation by our favorite fitness guru! For this challenge we sent her a link to one of Epicurious‘ most popular recipes, their Deep Dark Chocolate Cheesecake. Her task? To make it healthier, lighter in calories, but just as delicious.
Here’s Charli’s creation, our own Light Deep Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with only 200 calories per slice! It’s also super easy to make and perfect for a any special occasion or party. Top it with sliced fresh berries in season like strawberries or raspberries instead of the whipped cream and chocolate topping on the Epicurious cheesecake cake. You won’t miss it and the berries will make the chocolate sing!
- 2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (approx 15 cookies)
- 1 tbsp Smart Balance Butter, melted
- 6 cups fat-free ricotta
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 3 oz 70% cocoa dark chocolate curls
- Fresh berries in season for serving
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Mix cookie crumbs with butter and press into bottom of 9x13" springform baking pan.
- In mixing bowl, whip the ricotta until smooth.
- Add sugar, vanilla, sour cream, and cocoa powder and continue whipping until incorporated
- Pour batter on to crust and bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack, then refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with chocolate pieces before serving
- “Almost” Better Than Sex Cakes Abound…But This One Really Is! (miscfinds4u.com)
- Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Raisin Cookie Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Mocha Brownies – 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points (miscfinds4u.com)
- Light Gingery Blueberry Shortcake Sliders – Lower in Fat and Calories but Not Taste (miscfinds4u.com)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes – 3 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points (miscfinds4u.com)
- Light Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes with Strawberry Gelee Filling (miscfinds4u.com)