Pumpkin and chocolate is an amazing combination! These cupcakes are made even better by using whole wheat flour (we love King Arthur) and egg whites instead of the traditional bleached flour and whole eggs. These little cuppies don’t need frosting and the calorie counts below are for the naked cupcakes. If you have room in your diet for a little bit of sweetness, try a smidge of whipped cream on the top. Mmmm…delicious! Who says diet recipes can’t be delicious!
This recipe makes a big batch so take advantage of that and freeze some for a later treat! Freezing directions are below. Try one for breakfast with some fruit and yogurt, or lunch with a slice of cheese and apple slices. Or make mini-cakes for a 1 point Weight Watchers treat anytime!
We recommend If You Care Cupcake Wrappers. Why use unbleached baking cups? Because they’re coated with natural silicone, they’re organic, and they don’t have any of the toxins found in regular paper cups so they’re non-toxic when incinerated. There’s no bleach used in the productions so they don’t pollute lakes and streams with chlorine. So they’re better for the environment! They come in full size and mini baking cups as well.
Diet Recipes: Shopping Tips
My shopping list for organic and natural ingredient that can be purcahsed online: canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling), granulated sugar, whole wheat flour, semi-sweet chocolate chips (we like Sunspire organic chocolate chips), ground cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda (we like Bob’s Red Mill Aluminum-free Baking Soda) and unbleached baking cupcake papers
- Wet Ingredients
- 29 oz canned pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (we like Sunspire organic chocolate chips)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (we like Bob’s Red Mill Aluminum-free Baking Soda)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Beat together wet ingredients
- Combine the dry ingredients and add them to your wet mix. Stir by hand just until combined – don’t over mix
- Spoon into 24 cupcake papers or prepare muffin tins with low-calorie non-stick spray and pour directly into the tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 112 Fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 3.5g
- Gluten-Free Black Bean Mocha Brownies – 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus Points (miscfinds4u.com)
- Easy and Light Chicken Fettuccine Recipe Just 10 Weight Watchers PointsPlus (miscfinds4u.com)
- Healthy Oatmeal Peanut Butter and Raisin Cookie Recipe (miscfinds4u.com)
- Mini Weight Watchers Update for 3/1 through 3/3 (miscfinds4u.com)
- My Food Diary for the Weekend of 2/20/11 (miscfinds4u.com)
- My Weight Watcher PointsPlus™ Tracker entries for Friday, February 11, 2011 (miscfinds4u.com)
- Week Seven Weigh-in Day – I’m Down 16 Pounds! (miscfinds4u.com)
- My Weight Watchers PointsPlus Diary for Sunday and My Favorite Splurge (miscfinds4u.com)
- My Week Four Weight Watchers PointsPlus Weight Loss Results (miscfinds4u.com)
- My Weight Watchers PointsPlus Food Diary For Friday and Week 3 Weigh-in (miscfinds4u.com)